speaker wire question 2nd generation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

speaker wire question 2nd generation

2lungking

Reaction score
City, State
Dirty Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 explorer sport
Hello all looking to replace the factory speakers on my 98 sport. I purchased the truck a while back and it had this nice pioneer aftermarket head unit installed by the previous owner with bluetooth and and CD player. I went to see what type of wire harness adapter that i needed because different websites gave me different part numbers.Well i pretty much got that figured out but would like some input on the wiring. after pulling the speaker out I noticed that there was two wires going to the speaker one is kinda orangeish and the other is kinda maroon with a dark stripe running down it which i believe is the negative am I right about this ? hope the pics come out thanks for any input.
20150104_0924124_zps53d3d20b.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like i put this in the wrong section maybe a mod can put it in the audio section for me ?

Get the adapters from metra, scoche, wal mart, Amazon, advance anywhere. Plugs right in. Get speakers from crutchfield and they're free.

bump

which is negative and which is positive ?

Moved it to audio for you.

Follow this guide: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394806

Basically, you can cut and splice like I did if you're ok with it. Trust me, you'll never go back to stock speakers..

As for the wire colors, here you go:

Front Speakers 5" x 7" Doors
Left Front (+) Orange/Light Green
Left Front (-) Light Blue/White
Right Front (+) Dark Green/Orange
Right Front (-) White/Light Green
Rear Speakers 5" x 7" Rear Door
Left Rear (+) Gray/Light Blue
Left Rear (-) Tan/Yellow
Right Rear (+) Orange/Red
Right Rear (-) Brown/Pink

Back