blueka

Elite Pickler
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 UK XLT, 99 Sport V8,
I need to replace the head unit in Pickle... I've got the set up from a 2000 Limited.

When I sold Dora the other day, the new owner requested a working CD Player, and, being a nice chap, I gave him the one out of Pickle.

I put the one from Dora in Pickle, but, it doesn't work so well and now my stereo sounds like poo...

So, what are my options? replace with another limited head unit? or is there something else out there that I can put in that will make my limited speakers/sub sound good, that will also drive the CD changer?

Any help/advice will be great

Thanks

Si

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

might be limited on options to run the factory 6 disc. back when put my alpine in, they said they "speak different languages". might be cheaper and more simple just to throw a factory back in.

upadated head unit? not that I know of

I meant like one from a newer model year that would provide the same functions (amp control/cd changer control/steering wheel controls)

Si

I need to replace the head unit in Pickle... I've got the set up from a 2000 Limited.

When I sold Dora the other day, the new owner requested a working CD Player, and, being a nice chap, I gave him the one out of Pickle.

I put the one from Dora in Pickle, but, it doesn't work so well and now my stereo sounds like poo...

So, what are my options? replace with another limited head unit? or is there something else out there that I can put in that will make my limited speakers/sub sound good, that will also drive the CD changer?

Any help/advice will be great

Thanks

Si

Did that new radio come from a model with a sub in the back? If not then it's not the same Mach radio(two look identical from the front).

You need another 1998-2001 Mach radio, those are all high end Pioneer decks, with the display defect in them. That one deck doesn't send any lows to the four speakers, bass only goes to the sub.

So hunt a deck that looks just like yours, with the RDS button(Premium had that too) and the sub output. Check the display and get it fixed if needed.

this was ages ago, turns out it was just an XLT stereo and didn't fire the sub... I've since upgraded to a Sony flip out...

Si

I'm sorry, I went to the thread from the bottom of the page, "Similar Threads." I rarely look at those, and virtually never hit a link there. I'll have to remember to look at the dates there to the right side. Regards,

Back