• Register Today It's free!

Newbie Navigation help...

MrLunchbox

Reaction score
City, State
Northbridge, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer Sport Trac
Alrighty guys and glas, hopefully you can help me out! I am a long time lurker and first time poster here! I used to own a 96' X that I totally loved. Moved on to the Trac, an 03. Just recent;y got an 2010 ST. Anyways my question is can I add the OEM NAV to my ST? I have done searching b ut can;t seem to get a straight or complete answer. My Trac is a limited with every option other than NAV. I would like to keep all the factory goodies, steering wheel controls, bluetooth SYNC, etc. So what exactly do I need? Just a NAV HU with an antenna? or more? I'd prefer that unless I can find a good aftermarket HU that will retain all those features. I'm sure this has been covered before but I just can't seem to find my exact issue. Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i believe they use a different wiring harness. So you'd need to wire it up as if you're putting in an aftermarket deck, and wire up the GPS antenna. At that point, you'd be better off installing an aftermarket GPS deck in the truck. Price would be about the same, but aftermarket decks have much better sound than OEM.

Yeah that kinda sorta answers my question. The more I find bits and pieces and put it together I can see what I am getting at. I am mostly concerned about not losing my sync or any factory features. I have considered the Kenwood as they have the interface that works with Sync. BUT what I am unsure of is how much it interacts... Can I still use my factory Sirius tuner? Factory bluetooth? Factory USB to update the SYNC software? If I can get all that with the Kenwood GPS and Mastero Interface then I am all for that! :)

Never tried preserving the Sync system. Most Radios have a built in system, and most phones have it now too.

My Double Din just communicates with my phone and I can speak commands into it.
Everything from "call home" to "play music"

I believe for instance the Kenwood excellon + maestro you retain sync, steering wheel controls, Sirius etc.

I believe for instance the Kenwood excellon + maestro you retain sync, steering wheel controls, Sirius etc.

Ok that's what I was looking for! Doesn't anyone have any experience with these units?? And do you retain your factory Bluetooth connection?

You call crutchfield, they can tell you. But I do understand, it would be good to hear from someone who has made it work.

Crutchfield may help but I'm most interested in knowing if someone on here using a similar set up. Some real life examples

Anyone here using the maestro set up???

Stay patient, someone will eventually chime in. I've never tried it, I dislike factory set ups. :p:

Back