• Register Today It's free!

Flashing 4 high & low lights.

bias76

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 explorer
I have a 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. I recently had my oil changed and when I left the shop, my 4 wheel high and 4 wheel low lights were blinking. They blink 6 times every 10 minutes or so. What can cause this? Is it something the garage did? It never did this before.

Joe

I don't know, but I have the same problem. If you find an answer before I do, please pass it along to me

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the transmissions & transfer cases section. It sounds like there is a problem with the 4WD system. Check the sticky threads on the top of this section.

well, I have an update on the flashing lights. It was a relay fuse. I read a thread last week from a user who said he replaced 1(one) FOAB-14B192-AA fuse and two F57B-14B192-AA fuses. The Ford dealer only had one of each fuse in stock, so I bought them. After I replaced the FOAB-14B192-AA. Everything worked as it should. So far no other problems.

I don't know, but I have the same problem. If you find an answer before I do, please pass it along to me

Back