• Register Today It's free!

First Time Ford Owner...

keithw1975

Reaction score
City, State
Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Explorer ST
I have owned many cars over the years. My first was a '94 Mitsubishi Mirage, then my next was a '95 TransAM, which I wrecked, and led to my purchase of a '96 TransAM. I then bought a '99 Dodge RAM 2500 24v Cummins Diesel, which I still have today. Then after I got married, we bought a '08 Hyundai Santa Fe, which we liked enough to later purchase a '13 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T. Then yesterday we traded that for our 2015 Explorer Sport, with every option available. Of every car that I have owned, this is hands down my favorite! One of my favorite features, that I had always wanted, but didn't know anyone made, was a cruise control, that showed the speed that it was set at. I shed a tear of joy when I realized that the Explorer has a readout, showing the exact speed in digits, that the cruise is set to. The vehicle has virtually no torque steer, though I see reviewers saying quite the opposite, and I feel very isolated from road noise and bumps. It is the perfect combination of luxury and power. Not since I first got my license, have I been so excited to go out and drive around. Oh and the interior lighting is just is freaking awesome. When you get in the accent lighting, and sill Explorer type lights up blue, then when you start the car, it turns red! Thank you Ford for making a quality vehicle, that is so much fun to drive. I am also impressed with the Ford MySync software. It is responsive, and intuitive. I guess they finally got the bugs worked out, from what I have read of older versions. Now, my only real complaint, I have to have one, is that I wish it was about 6 inches longer, so that the 2nd and 3rd row passengers had a little more legroom.

Oh, and I am burned on GM products because of the bailout! Otherwise I may not have tried the Ford.

...Thank you Ford for making a quality vehicle, that is so much fun to drive...

Welcome to the forum, keithw1975! I'm glad to see that you absolutely love your new Explorer. I recommend spending some time checking out all the goodies at http://owner.ford.com You can download free digital copies of important vehicle documents, get coupons for products and services, and make appointments for future maintenance visit. Enjoy your new ride!

Crystal

Welcome to the forum!

Back