2013 Limited - any way to lock all 4 doors from the tailgate area? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Limited - any way to lock all 4 doors from the tailgate area?

breddy

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Our 2004 had a lock button inside the rear of the vehicle so that if you're leaving the truck after getting something out of the rear, you could lock the doors and close the lift gate. The 2013 doesn't seem to have anything like this. Is there a trick I'm missing? Since the '13 has all the proximity fanciness, the keys are usually buried in my wife's purse and so not easily grabbed to hit the button. From the side doors it's easy, you just hit the little touch pad on the handle.

First world problems, I know...

If you lock all the doors first you can still open the liftgate with the liftgate button as long as your fob is within range. Then when you close the liftgate it will automatically lock. There is no way to lock all the doors with a rear button except the one on the fob.

Peter

Thanks - very helpful!

This is one of those things I miss about my Grand Cherokee. It has a touch pad on the rear hatch to lock or unlock everything. So when I am going to put the stroller in the back and the wife goes to load the kid in her seat. I have to walk up to the side to unlock the doors or fish the key out. With the GC I just hit the pad and it woudl lock or unlock the truck. Such a small thing but SOO convienent and a suprise that Ford missed out on this.

yet another reason I am putting the remote access on my truck. Our phones are always in easy reach or in our girls hand so we can unlock from that instead of hunting for our keys in a diaper bag, purse, backpack, pockets filled with pacifiers and toys, ect.

Back