How long does it take once ordered? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How long does it take once ordered?

NomadTom

Reaction score
City, State
Maryville Tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Eddie Bauer 11 ordere
Have ordered a 2011 202a xlt white suede with towing package on Jan 15th was wondering how long it has been taking to get one after ordered

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the 2011 Explorer section.

I almost ordered at the same time. I was told 6-8 weeks.

I ordered on 1/17 (LTD). Got my VIN from my dealer on 1/27, I called them for an update was not proactive.

E-mailed Cory with VIN and Monday 1/31 he replied that it was "in production", with an estimated delivery date to dealer of 02/21. Window Sticker was available on Wed 02/02 showing build/blend date of 02/09.

Its going from Chicago to Tampa.

Hope that helps.

Order in production

The dealer said mine was also in production so the ones ordered around the 17th of Jan should be delivered by end of month (we Hope)

The dealer said mine was also in production so the ones ordered around the 17th of Jan should be delivered by end of month (we Hope)
Ordered my Limited on Dec. 20th. Still no VIN and not yet in production.

I ordered mine (Limited w 301A) on Jan 17th and I have a production date of the week of 2/14. Allowing about 2 weeks for shipping so I should have mine by March 1.

Best of luck!

91, 97, 00, 04 Explorers

I ordered mine for work through Donlen (fleet leasing). I am seeing some people say that their dealer is promising 6-8 weeks. Donlen told me 14 weeks. Does Donlen have a different priority than retailers?

Have ordered a 2011 202a xlt white suede with towing package on Jan 15th was wondering how long it has been taking to get one after ordered

Hey NomadTom,

This is Seni from Ford Customer Service. I can keep you up to date with your order by tracking it if you’d like. PM me your VIN or dealer name & order number and I’d be glad to research your current order status and keep you updated on any new info! :)

Seni

My Ex was ordered 12-30 and still no build date or VIN. My dealer explained they are allotted a certain number of build slots and all special orders must come from that allotment. Special orders with a confirmed buyer's name get priority. The speed at which an order is process appears to be due to the number of build slot your dealer has been assigned. I am the # 3 sold order from my dealer and I was told the build date will be in March and the assignment of this date will be around the 1st of March. All February build dates have reportedly been assigned.

Hope this is accurate, the person I talked to was the ordering manager for 4 Ford dealerships in the OKC area.

Once under production, how fast are they actually built?

Just curious if anyone knew, seems like a lot of knowledgeable folks on here.

Ha I ordered a sterling grey 2011 with 202a, tow package, and a power lift gate on Jan 15th.

Hopefully we get them the same time.. :D

In every example of status updates I've seen, it's impossible to tell exactly which day the vehicle is started and exactly when it is completed. Almost invariably (assuming no production holds), the vehicle goes from "Scheduled" to "Production" status and seven days later its status changes to "Produced".

In every example of status updates I've seen, it's impossible to tell exactly which day the vehicle is started and exactly when it is completed. Almost invariably (assuming no production holds), the vehicle goes from "Scheduled" to "Production" status and seven days later its status changes to "Produced".

Ok, thanks!

Hey NomadTom,

This is Seni from Ford Customer Service. I can keep you up to date with your order by tracking it if you’d like. PM me your VIN or dealer name & order number and I’d be glad to research your current order status and keep you updated on any new info! :)

Seni

Seni,

I just sent an email to the CustSvc link on your post with info on my order(ordered 12/17 VIN 1FMHK8D89BGA23939). Can't seem to get any info on my order from anyone ???

they have built through at least VIN 25752 - Mine is built awaiting shipment.

they have built through at least VIN 25752 - Mine is built awaiting shipment.

I have learned that the last five digits of the VIN do not necessarily indicate order of build. On another site there were folks with VIN's similar to yours that were built two weeks ago. So, I have stopped trying to gauge my build/ship date on other's VINs. I expect mine has been built but I can't get confirmation nor when/if it is shipped.

I have had luck calling 1-800-392-FORD and getting information from them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back