Some orders moving quick | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Some orders moving quick

Ford Customer Service called me first thing this morning and said the hold up on delivery concerned a "quality control" issue. No further info was available, but I would be kept informed. I then called my dealer and shared with him my frustration and concern. He was also concerned and stepped up. He made a call to his contact at Ford and learned that there was a hold on shipping of recently produced 2013 Explorers because of an issue with the "fuel line jumper". So, until Ford addresses that issue I guess we're all on hold.

Thanks to my dealer for making the effort to find out what was happening. Also, thanks to Cory for touching base with an email.

Thanks for that info. My dealer told me Friday there is some type of QA hold but I couldn't imagine they are QA holding mine at the rail yard in Chicago where it has been since 3/23. I'd think they'd take them back to factory or ship and have the dealer make any fixes. I'm not happy about the hold but it feels slightly better to know what is going on. Looks like I better go ahead and get the oil changed in my trade in since I may be driving it for a while longer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Cory
Sent you a PM...can you check for my delivery date

Or they'll be of me sitting in the truck learning MFT - LOL!! :scratch:

Good One Cory!! :)
Thanks, FordMomof3; I try! :D

Bristol got their Green Gem SHO...Where is Mom's Explorer?

:D
Joe Dirt,

Great pic! Do I have your Mom’s order info? :)

...Thanks to my dealer for making the effort to find out what was happening. Also, thanks to Cory for touching base with an email.
You got it, retpsy; drop me a line if you’d like a call before your next follow-up from Kyle.

Interesting...I just got my '13 Limited on 04.06.12 and it had a build date of 03.08.12. Hopefully it is okay, but I will keep my eyes open for any issues...
jwkessel,

I’ll also keep my ears open and post any available details here.

...Looks like I better go ahead and get the oil changed in my trade in since I may be driving it for a while longer.
I shot you a reply to your last PM, ScoopFl; the info is waiting in your inbox. :thumbsup:

Hi Cory
Sent you a PM...can you check for my delivery date
LinaMay7,

Thanks for the heads up; I’ll reply as soon as I can.

Cory

:D:D:D

According to my "sources" - it was delivered at the dealer at midnight last night.

Trying not to obsess - it's *REALLY* hard! :)

Have you driven by yet?

If so, that would be obsessed... :D

:DI know - RIGHT??? :D

I do have to take the trade-in for final amt on that. Then we have to do the financing and insurance (though that can be done on the spot).

So I *MIGHT* *HAVE* to get *IN* it if we go down for the trade-in part.

Doesn't seem real... :eek:

Does anyone know how long it takes to have a EX delivered to the dealer once the dealer has the paperwork (title, etc)?? My dealer had my paperwork on the 4th so was hoping it would be delivered this week ... :scratch:

Thanks for the info Cory!!

I has been a LONGGGG wait...ordered on 1-5-2012 and the production date was 3-28-2012 and now a delivery date of 4-17!!! :party:

ONLY 14 weeks and some odd days...hehehehe!!! Was told 6-8 weeks when we ordered...

Congrats on getting an ETA LinaMay7. Your production date was 1day before mine. Maybe that means my Ex is no longer on hold and also has a new ETA.

Cory, I sent you a PM
RB

I thought mine was on hold still, but it left the rail station and is making its way toward FL. Apparently rail shipping is slow and not necessarily a direct route to destination. Probably another 4 days to get to the dealer but I was thrilled today to find out it was not still on indefinite hold. Cory has been great keeping me updated through this entire process.

Not mine- that was for FordMomof3... :D
Ah, I get it now, Joe Dirt! I’m keeping a close eye on that one. :)

:D:D:D

According to my "sources" - it was delivered at the dealer at midnight last night.

Trying not to obsess - it's *REALLY* hard! :)
FordMomof3,

I’m glad you didn’t do any midnight driving. If you did, don’t tell us. ;)

Thanks for the info Cory!!...
You’re very welcome, LinaMay7! :thumbsup:

...Cory, I sent you a PM
RB
You got it, RB; I’ll send you a reply when I can. :D

...Cory has been great keeping me updated through this entire process.
ScoopFl,

Your kind words are going to make my ego burst at the seams!

Cory

FordMomof3,

I’m glad you didn’t do any midnight driving. If you did, don’t tell us.

Oh I will never tell.... ;)

Picked up yesterday!

Picked up my 2013 EXP LTD 4x4 yesterday. Nice ride, gonna take a while to learn all the technology but it'll be fun. Delivery was just about exactly 7 weeks from date of order. Not too shabby.

WOO HOO!!! My Explorer LTD is at the dealers!!! Just got the call...
But now my salesman is out of the office until Monday but I have talked to owner of the dealership and I am going to LOOK and SIT in her for sure TODAY!!
Until Later...:burnout:

Glad yours are moving

I'm happy that some of you are getting your Explorers. Mine is still sitting in Chicago on hold since being built on 3/29. No one knows or is willing to share what seems to be the problem or status. Enjoy your vehicles.
RB

I KNOW retpsy!! I waited 14 weeks and some odd days...and the next person posting has theirs in 5-6 weeks AND they all come from the same plant!! So what makes one build/arrive faster then the next...its not the distance to destination from plant cuz I have noticed TX AZ FL IL WI MN SD and all rec'd theirs at different times!! Would be nice to know the mystery...HOPE YOURS GETS IN TRANSIT SOON!! :scratch:

I went and seen my "Miss Sassy" yesterday afternoon and she is GREAT!! Started her up and paired my iPhone with her AND can't wait to bring her home on MONDAY!! My dealership has the shop check her all out to make sure all is good...:D

It has arrived!!!

I called Ford Customer Service to see if there was any news about my wife's Explorer's hold status. "Nothing new - no updated ETA". Ten minutes after hanging up with CS, my dealer called with the news that our Explorer had arrived. We're picking it up this evening. Makes you wonder about Ford tracking doesn't it? So, all those waiting - keep the faith. It will come when you least expect it..
Ordered: 2/29
Built: 3/29
ETA: 4/2
ETA: 4/4
Actual delivery:4/18

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh I will never tell.... ;)
FordMomof3,

LOL Good; if you change your mind, warn me so I can cover my ears and go “lalalalala.” ;)

Picked up my 2013 EXP LTD 4x4 yesterday. Nice ride, gonna take a while to learn all the technology but it'll be fun. Delivery was just about exactly 7 weeks from date of order. Not too shabby.
WOO HOO!!! My Explorer LTD is at the dealers!!! Just got the call...
But now my salesman is out of the office until Monday but I have talked to owner of the dealership and I am going to LOOK and SIT in her for sure TODAY!!...
...Ten minutes after hanging up with CS, my dealer called with the news that our Explorer had arrived...
Rainmaker, LinaMay7, & retpsy,

Congratulations! We can’t wait for pictures! :D:thumbsup:

Cory

Back