• Register Today It's free!

Looking to buy

ademily87

Reaction score
City, State
charleston, sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Ford Explorer XLS 4X4
An all original 2 owner 1985 Bronco II. Says 4wd works, ac works, windows and locks work. It's an auto Trans and appears to be in really good shape. Says it's a two owner and his grandfather has had it for 13 years and rarely drove it.

It has 93-94k miles on it. No cracks in the dash even. Seats seem to be in good shape. Said the motor was replaced with a NEW one and has a warranty and all paper work for it. Only bad thing is he said the hood could use some paint and has a very small rust spot over the driver side rear wheel. Also has the lifting back glass option.

He's asking $2300-$2400 for the bronco. I'm going to offer him $1900 for it when I look at it Monday. Seems like a good price already, from what I've seen these lil guys are still pulling in quite a chunk of change. Especially the original ones like these.

What do you guys think? I was thinking it had to have 190k+ miles because of the odometer only reading 5 digits and assumed it rolled over. But the way the inside looks tells me different. Give me your opinions! Should I buy it? Just looking for a good lil hunting vehicle and something to take camping and mountain biking.

Also what's the towing capacity on these things? I can't find it online.

Thanks!

And sorry for the picture quality. These are the ones he sent me.

2014040695173526_zps5crcigz1.jpg

2014040695173547_zpsqhpsowex.jpg
2014082195161335_zpsfwrpkhte.jpg
2014082195150531_zpsw5ntntxt.jpg
2014082195150520_zpspun9llvy.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just going off the pictures I really don't find the miles hard to believe. My 74 year old Mom just traded her 1999 Monte Carlo in with 37,500 on it. When she bought it used in June 2000 it already 10,050 on it. You'll know when you see if its legit or not. Good luck, hope you can make a deal.

nice looking bronco 2, we just picked one up recently but she needs work, lots of work...

Just going off the pictures I really don't find the miles hard to believe. My 74 year old Mom just traded her 1999 Monte Carlo in with 37,500 on it. When she bought it used in June 2000 it already 10,050 on it. You'll know when you see if its legit or not. Good luck, hope you can make a deal.

Not hard to believe 93k miles or the 193k miles? Haha

That's in great condition! But...

1985 and older have the carbureted 2.8L which was a pretty doggy engine. 1986 and newer typically go for a little more money because they had the multi-port fuel injected 2.9L. The 2.9 is also tweakable to gain a little more pep, not much you can do with the 2.8...
Still in great condition though!

1985 and older have the carbureted 2.8L which was a pretty doggy engine. 1986 and newer typically go for a little more money because they had the multi-port fuel injected 2.9L. The 2.9 is also tweakable to gain a little more pep, not much you can do with the 2.8...
Still in great condition though!

Just hope the pictures aren't lying to me! I'm not too worried about the lack of power. I'm just going to use it to putt around the woods in and some dirt roads and what not. I've had two full size broncos and have always had an interest in these lil bronco II's. Something about em, I just like!

If I ever feel the need for more power I'll just hop in my 03 Cobra mustang haha

Going through the woods is where they excel, these little guys turn on a dime. Keep us posted on it!

It looks clean, hard to find em that nice.

However how much are you planning on towing? They aren't great tow vehicles. Not sure what Ford rates it at but I'd say 4,000 lbs is max. And personally I wouldn't wanna go over 2,500lbs or so

It looks clean, hard to find em that nice.

However how much are you planning on towing? They aren't great tow vehicles. Not sure what Ford rates it at but I'd say 4,000 lbs is max. And personally I wouldn't wanna go over 2,500lbs or so

Yea I didn't think it would be that great of a hauler. I have an 18' center console boat and a galvanized steel trailer. I'd imagine it might be a Lil much for it to pull, especially if the boat is loaded down with ice, beer, fishing gear, and 30 gallons of fuel. Oh well no worries. I've got my F150 to haul it.

Should be going to look at it Monday! I'm stoked

Yea I didn't think it would be that great of a hauler. I have an 18' center console boat and a galvanized steel trailer. I'd imagine it might be a Lil much for it to pull, especially if the boat is loaded down with ice, beer, fishing gear, and 30 gallons of fuel. Oh well no worries. I've got my F150 to haul it.

Should be going to look at it Monday! I'm stoked

Alright hope it looks as good as it does in the pictures!

Change of plans and can't make it out to look at it til thursday.

Question: is this thing missing a center console???

I think it was an option, I have owned them with and without. My current B2 does not have a factory center console so I bought a aftermarket one that fits really well and even matches the interior pretty good (light blue).
If it is missing you will see the mounting brackets sticking out of the carpet.

Back