Turbocharged Lincoln LS...Video and Pics inside... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Turbocharged Lincoln LS...Video and Pics inside...

Obviously this is not an Explorer, but it sure is "Need For Speed". This is one of the projects I have been busy with lately.

Here are the specs on the mods: Custom Garrett T04E 60 Trim Turbo, FMIC, Tial 38mm WG, SCT Xcal2, Ford GT fuel pump, Cobra 39lb Injectors

I plan to boost it to 4 psi on the street and likely 6-7 for track days. It should make enough power to go 12's. I finally got it out of the garage and started it today. You cannot hear the turbo much because its just idling but the exhaust note itself does sound pretty good.

I just started tuning it so there are no power results yet. Those will come soon.

Here is a quick video of the build. Turbo LS Build Video

Attachments

• LS Turbo Project Pics 004.jpg
    LS Turbo Project Pics 004.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,622
  • LS Turbo Project Pics 005.jpg
    LS Turbo Project Pics 005.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,340
  • LS Turbo Project Pics 015.jpg
    LS Turbo Project Pics 015.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,317
  • LS Turbo Project Pics 022.jpg
    LS Turbo Project Pics 022.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,502

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you. I thought id ask you cause your the only one who would really know. seeing you have done this turbo set up already.
I found a site called tci that sells the street fighter tc and racing clutch's
They also sell the whole trans with all the goodies for 3400.00.
Now my question would be if that would be a direct bolt in?
Also I've been talking to a guy who has a thunderbird super coupe. That has lsd and said it could work.
Other then that I still have an ad out for 00/02 lincoln ls axels.
Surpisingly every shop I went to did not want to convert this for me.
It's gonna have to be done by some back yard mechanic for a case of beer As for The turbo I'm buying All the parts now and come winter time it's getting installed. Another question, what's the biggest intercool I can buy that will fit?
The LS still only has 50.000 Kms . Face book mike Brideau for pics.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tci sells a 5r55s that can handle 850 hp
And 1200 hp. The 1200 hp comes with the super street fighter tc
Do u think that would be to much?
Seeing I'm only going for 500 at the motor. ??

I say this with confidence. My roommate has a white 94 rx7 American addition with 99 spec twin turbos, with a lock rear end and 410 gearing.
My car has a cold air. exhaust, a 50 shot of nos and a tune from Tory.
And I made a video yesterday of him taking off before me on a roll and passed him no problem.
His rx7 has some mods and was build by the rx7 spacilast here in Calgary Alberta.
That being said. He wasn't all that happy.
And just to make sure we raced a few times and the lincoln came out first place everytime.
Not bad for air condition seats.

Sorry for mistakes I'm at work.

Sorry for mistakes I'm at work.

Mike ls - Select "Edit" to correct a post instead of creating a new one. :thumbsup:

Rocket - VERY good to see you are still around! Hoping to see you finish up the KBX Explorer!!!

Back