• Register Today It's free!

2000 No Start - need help folks

seth797

Reaction score
City, State
richmond, virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer
Hello folks, I am desperately searching for some info...My wife's 2000 explorer 4.0 has become...let's say difficult... Original issue- she had driven the vehicle somewhere and when she returned to it after taking care o' bidness, it would not start. When I met her, I immediately checked the gas from the fuel rail; no fuel...thought I had it licked. Replaced the fuel pump and it ran and started fine, for a week...now, I have great fuel pressure but (apparently) no spark...issue seems to be heat related, starts fine when engine is cool for several hours and will run after that until it is shut off- after that, it will turn over (with great fuel pressure), but will not start...any ideas, suggestions?

Go up three nodes, and find the sub forum "under the hood" there is a no start procedure sticky in there by 2000StreetRod. Check that first and post back up.

which engine?

Does her vehicle have the OHV V6 or the SOHC V6?
The PCM times the ignition spark based on crankshaft position which is provided by the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor. The CKP sensor is located at the lower front of the engine and is exposed to water and road tar. You might try cleaning the connector contacts by disconnecting and reconnecting the connector a few times.

Back