Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
I need just the pinion side of a front driveshaft for a TTB ranger or explorer.

How much shipped to 93727.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So basically the short part of the d-shaft with the u-joint?

Yes. The female section of the slip yoke and the the part where the ujoint gets pressed in. When I did the three link I needed to extend the front shaft a few inches. Instead of lengthening the driveshaft, I found a different slip yoke that would fit that was a bit longer. Now I redid my links a bit to get caster better and I need to get in back shorter. I cant find my original yoke currently.

I need just the pinion side of a front driveshaft for a TTB ranger or explorer.

How much shipped to 93727.

hi i have one from a 92 explorer 20$+10$ shipping thanks,karl

Yes. The female section of the slip yoke and the the part where the ujoint gets pressed in. When I did the three link I needed to extend the front shaft a few inches. Instead of lengthening the driveshaft, I found a different slip yoke that would fit that was a bit longer. Now I redid my links a bit to get caster better and I need to get in back shorter. I cant find my original yoke currently.

What slip yoke did you use and will it fit a Dana 35 TTB pumpkin? And how much longer was it?

~Mark

didn't I sell you a drive shaft LOL?

You sold me a rear driveshaft. I still need to modify it to make it a spare.

What slip yoke did you use and will it fit a Dana 35 TTB pumpkin? And how much longer was it?

~Mark

Yes it will fit the dana 35. I do not remember the part number. I went here

http://www2.dana.com/expertforms/demenu.aspx?prod=JOI

I found one that had the dimensions I needed and started calling driveshaft shops to see if they had what I needed. My driveline is no longer balanced but then again neither are my tires either.

And DB1 is sending me what I need so I no longer need it.

I've never heard of anyone having to extend a front drive shaft.how did it extend it?how much lift do you have?and what are you going to do with the old one?

I have extended the front a few different ways. When I first did the SAS I cut it in half and sleeved the shaft with a larger tube to make it a few inches longer. When I added the doubler I took it to a driveline shop and had it lengthen about 6 more inches. When I redid my front suspension I swapped the ends to make it a bit longer.

O wow

Back