Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tomg4121

Reaction score
City, State
SE PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Door Keypad Code

Does anyone know where to get it? I could not locate it in my manual or any other paperwork?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dealer should've given it to you with your owner's manual and such. It's a card shaped just like a credit card that has your code on it.

I have never been a fan of this feature once I saw my nephew years back use all his fingers taping very fast and it unlocked my car without knowing the code. Haven't had him check my new explorer but I am sure he can get it to unlock.

Keyless Entry, Find Number

This past weekend I purchased an Explorer. Long story short I was signing the paperwork for the car as the dealership was already closed and I was sort of in a rush. The Explorer I purchased was being used as the floor model in the showroom and the keyless entry card got missed placed, which I realized yesterday. My salesman told me today that I could come in to have them hook up a computer and get the number for me, but the dealership is over 30 miles away. Does anyone know where I could look to find the number? Thanks for any input!

on my 03 sport it was behind the pas. airbag...had to dis. the neg. bat cable...drop the glove box down take out the screws for the air bag n GENTLY MOVE IT OUT and the code was behind that on a module...took about 30-45 mins...

Probably totally different. I would just take it in rather than disassemble it if it's brand new.

This past weekend I purchased an Explorer. Long story short I was signing the paperwork for the car as the dealership was already closed and I was sort of in a rush. The Explorer I purchased was being used as the floor model in the showroom and the keyless entry card got missed placed, which I realized yesterday. My salesman told me today that I could come in to have them hook up a computer and get the number for me, but the dealership is over 30 miles away. Does anyone know where I could look to find the number? Thanks for any input!
I don't know if Cory can help with this. You could send him a Private Message and ask. The card itself also has a bar code on it. Perhaps that is linked to the VIN of the vehicle. My card is in a sleeve on the back of the folder containing the Owner's Manual etc. It didn't get put in there by any chance? Good luck.

By the way, welcome to the Forum. :wavey:

Peter

Thanks Peter, been browsing the forums for a few months.

I checked the owners manual and it wasn't there. I believe the dealership missed placed it as my Explorer was the floor model when I purchased it. I'm assuming all the paperwork was put somewhere so no one would take it and the card was missed placed.

Peter: Attached to both sets of keys was a small piece of paper with a barcode, FCC and IC number, I'm assuming that isn't what your talking about?

There is good news and bad news.
The good news is the master code to the door locks, the one on the card, is also printed on the main computer. So, all you have to do is locate the computer and look at it. That's the bad news.

In older models it was in the back area behind a panel. Then they moved it up under the dash. Very hard to get to now.

Well, there is one other suggestion. Call the dealership and speak to your salesman. Tell him to check the "deal jacket". This is the folder where all the paper work is kept. It will usually hold the title from Ford along with the keys, etc. Some dealers will use this same folder for filing all your paper work. Sometimes they write the door code number on the deal jacket. It is worth a call and may save you the drive.

The only other option is to have it hooked up to the computer diag. machine and have them pull the number for you.
I suggest when you get it, take a sharpie maker and write inside the driver's door frame on the door. That way is always there when you need it.

Call the dealer and schedule your first oil change. Ask for the GM, tell him of the situation and try to talk him into a free oil change. They are supposed to give you the card when you buy a new vehicle.

Hope this helps,
JHC

Peter: Attached to both sets of keys was a small piece of paper with a barcode, FCC and IC number, I'm assuming that isn't what your talking about?
No it isn't. Not sure what those might be. They may be proof that the key frequency meets FCC regulations. Just a guess though. I'd call the dealership first as suggested by jhcarter14 and then if they can't help, send Cory a PM and see if he can help by tracking down the info you need based on your vehicle VIN. The computer system at the plant may have the info you are looking for. If not, then I guess a dealer visit is in order.

peter....first off, are you a Police Officer? just asking since you have K-9 after your name.

2nd....I found the 5 digit number that I need to unlock my Explorer. Hopefully this info will help anyone else in the future who may need it. I looked under where the gas and brake pedals are located. I used the flashlight with my phone and there I "easily" saw a 5 digit number with the letter "L" after it. I hoped the "L" stood for "lock". I put in the 5 digit number and low and behold....my door unlocked!!!

jhcarter....thank you also for your advice. Your time was appreciated also. I'm just glad I had an easier and less time consuming outcome!

Now that you have the factory code, be sure to program one that you can remember.

peter....first off, are you a Police Officer? just asking since you have K-9 after your name.

2nd....I found the 5 digit number that I need to unlock my Explorer. Hopefully this info will help anyone else in the future who may need it. I looked under where the gas and brake pedals are located. I used the flashlight with my phone and there I "easily" saw a 5 digit number with the letter "L" after it. I hoped the "L" stood for "lock". I put in the 5 digit number and low and behold....my door unlocked!!!

jhcarter....thank you also for your advice. Your time was appreciated also. I'm just glad I had an easier and less time consuming outcome!
See the picture on the left for the K9 explanation. I had 2 shelties but unfortunately I had to put the older one (female) to sleep a month ago. She was 13 1/2 and had cancer. I am, however, a retired civilian member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. I'll have to check out that location you referred to and see if my unlock number is shown there as well. Cheers.

Welcome to the forum! I’m happy you found your Keyless Entry code! Thank you jhcarter14 for taking the time to post that advice! I also really appreciate your recommendations peterk9!

Cory

Keyless entry code

I recently bought a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport, and I am trying to find the factory code for my keyless entry, so I can avoid paying the dealership to pull it. I have already checked in the cargo area where my jack is, behind the trim on in the back seat, passenger side. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I recently bought a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport, and I am trying to find the factory code for my keyless entry, so I can avoid paying the dealership to pull it. I have already checked in the cargo area where my jack is, behind the trim on in the back seat, passenger side. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Have you checked the location mentioned above by jfbk?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back