5r55w TransGo install P0733 & P0735 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5r55w TransGo install P0733 & P0735

LSXkilr

Reaction score
City, State
Lawrence, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer
So I installed the TransGo HD2 kit in my 04 Explorer 5r55w. I only did the valve body portion, as I did not have the trans out of the vehicle.

Anyway, I had ZERO issues prior to install. I just did the kit for durability.

Upon completing the install, I immediately get the P0733 & P0735 code and it feels like it only has 1st and 4th.

Ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think those gaskets can be reused.

Well, I pulled it back apart again and replaced the gaskets. No Change. Drove it a little more to see if more codes would throw.

Codes are: P0732, P0733, P0735

It has 1st gear, 4th gear, and the Converter DOES lockup.

Did you mod the vb plate ??
Also did you go back and check all the ball are in the right spot and back check your work with the tranny book??

If you pull the valve body again I would check the overdrive band operation, you can see one anchor for the band with the valve body off and you can air check the servo it to see if it works. The overdrive band is second and fifth.

In the valve body there is a valve called the overdrive servo control valve, make sure the valve is in first then spring ( in the pocket on the end of the valve ) and then the retainer (against the spring).

Two check balls in the valve body.

Well I figured I would give an update:

KEEP THIS IN MIND: Trans had ZERO issues. Let me say that again.... Trans HAD absolutely ZERO issues, PRIOR to installing this TransGo HD2 kit. POST install only 1st gear & 4th work.

-Put new VB gaskets in
-Got & Installed New Solenoid Pack
-Completely checked over the VB the 10x I have had it in and out.

RESULTS- No Change! P0732, P0733, P0735

I guess my next step will be to get a Brand New VB and see if that takes care of it.

Whats the differences in the HD kit and the regular kit?? You mentioned ""not putting parts in because transmission was not out"" could those parts be required with the HD kit??

Send it to Central Valve Bodies for testing, and tell Donny that you're a member of this site. They usually give members a discount.
Wish i would have know this..he just built me a custom vavle body for my aviator . .

You could contact him, and tell him that you're a member of this site. He might do something for you if it's within a month. How long is the warranty period?
I just got it last wed..its 1 year.he honestly gave me a very good deal for the amount of stuff i had put in

You could send him an email to thank him for his excellent workmanship & customer service. Mention that you found out about him from this website, and will recommend him in the future to other members on this site. Don't ask for any money back. He will remember you just in case you need his services in the future.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could send him an email to thank him for his excellent workmanship & customer service. Mention that you found out about him from this website, and will recommend him in the future to other members on this site. Don't ask for any money back. He will remember you just in case you need his services in the future.
Yea i plan too..he was really helpful and made sure i got the parts i wanted in it..he really didnt charge me much more than a regular build considering i wanted about a extra $100+ in parts installed in it.he even called Sonnax to make sure they made or had the parts i wanted then ordered them.the custom built VB costed me $275 shipped fyi

I definitely dont want any money back but good to know for the future

Back