Broken body mount bolts while doing body lift. need help!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Broken body mount bolts while doing body lift. need help!!!

184baller

Reaction score
City, State
vancouver bc
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 xlt 2' and 33s
OK i was starting to do my body lift installation and i broke the heads of both of the bolts in the front two body mounts .how can i get these out? I need help Big time

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK i was starting to do my body lift installation and i broke the heads of both of the bolts in the front two body mounts .how can i get these out? I need help Big time

Did they break flush? if so you can try to weld a nut or something to the threads and try to use that to remove em.. Other option is to drill them out..

nope plus i dont have any welding methods

I was wondering if they ar threded in to the metal sleave?
im gonna try to get the nut off the top can i not just use a punch and try to push it out?

buddy i did the exact same thing last week. i still havent fixed em

if the head broke off should'nt the whole thing just fall apart? since the threaded part is in the top not the bottom i would think a prybar on the bottom part of the bushing and it would slide off and then lift off the top part.

on second thought

if worse comes to worse you are gonna have to drill out the mount anyways for the new bolts so why not start drilling and drill the whole thing out?

k well i spose the it why it broke i didnt know there was a nut on the top when i started so the nut is still on the top part of the mount so if i get that off , the bushing should just pull out ?

k well i spose the it why it broke i didnt know there was a nut on the top when i started so the nut is still on the top part of the mount so if i get that off , the bushing should just pull out ?

yeah that will break em... if you read any of the other body lift post the front mounts have the bushing that has threads all the way through. you could either try using large "easy outs" or drill them out and call ford for new bushings. By the way they're probaily rather rusty and lots of people have trouble getting them out. so invest in some pb blaster and let it soak in before if you try the easy outs

well now ive got the nuts off the top so when i try to lift the body can i not just pull the bushing out?

so i got pissed off and took the kit back today . #### it. im just gonna buy a beatter

I got pissed off and also took the kit back, but i think im gonna buy it again and go for round two, if all these other guys can do it why cant we?

Back