Engine stumbles when given throttle | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine stumbles when given throttle

vq5speed

Reaction score
City, State
1991 XLT Manual Locks
Year, Model & Trim Level
Stockton,Ca
Today while driving on the freeway my heater hose came off its not important why it came off but it did. I notice my water temp begin to climb very fast. I was able to pull over shut the truck off before it reached the Red . I popped the hood to find the heater hose had come off. I reattached it put water back in started it up and ran fine. So off I went onto where I was going. So later I finally get back home everything ran fine up till then. I was home for a little while then went out to check the water in my radiator. It had cooled enough to pop the cap and top off the water. So now I need to go to the store and I start it up and this is what it does. It idles fine but soon as you give it gas it pulsates and stumbles. Here is a short video it idles fine but try to give it gas it pulsates. Any idea what is the problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZY24TxSPPg&feature=youtu.be

I think it s fuel related issue. It seems to idle ok just when you give it gas it stumbles. You can't rev it up but idles fine.

So much for emergency help here!!

Well I changed the filter and it helped a little. Before I could feather it to 1500 rpm before it would stumble. Now I can rev it to 3000 good enough drive it but if I try to accelerate to fast it stumbles. I might try to change my FPR but if its not that that is a $75.00 part.

I replaced my TPS with a new one and it fixed the problem. I think this will also clear up a few other things I been experiencing.

Well I changed the channel and it helped a bit. Before I could quill it to 1500 rpm before it would bumble. Presently I can rev it to 3000 sufficient drive it yet in the event that I attempt to quicken to quick it bumbles. I may attempt to change my FPR however in the event that its not that that is a $75.00 part.

Back