2003 Sport Trac Stereo Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Sport Trac Stereo Question

aj213121

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Sport Trac '03 XLT
Alright so im new here haha but anyways i just bought the new Pioneer FH-P8000bt in install replacing the current pioneer system i have right now. My car also came with the factory subwoofer and an amplifier. I was just wondering if anyone would be able to help me find out how i am supposed to hook up the factory amp into my new system? Im new to all this stuff and i am trying to learn more, but i do not see any Red and White cables to connect the amp into the back of my stereo lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you dont see a set of red/white holes in the back of the unit? if you could take a picture of the back of the deck and post it here, i can help you with it.

I do have the holes behind the unit I'm just not sure how to connect my factory amp into those holes... The amp that my car came with does not have that type of connection it seems to be using a separate wire harness to connect to the factory stereo rather than the white and red hole connection

if you could take a picture of the back of the deck, and then a picture of the amp, im pretty sure i can tel you what you need to do/get to make it work.

Alright I ended up solving the problem by going to a local audio store, but now I'm just seeing if there is any wiring diagram online for my cars stereo... My Sport Trac has the premium pioneer sound system and i have not been able to find any diagrams online that show the amplifier/subwoofer hook ups

I just sent you some schematics. Check your aol mail.

ranchero, do you mind sending me those schematics as well? about to attempt to replace my factory radio with a boss double din radio. thanks!

Did I send you this info?

The factory amp has a special connector... not sure what it's called, but you'll have to buy a stereo adapter from Autozone or the equivalent auto store... soder the wires together then plug it in. took me about 10 minutes and that was my first time dealing with stereo stuff

I see I'm a little late. The red and white rca connectors on the back of your new stereo is for aftermarket amplifiers. You will not use them for your stock amplifier. You simply buy a wiring harness for your vehicle. Connect the wires from your new cd player to the wiring harness, and just plug it in to your vehicle's harness where you unplugged the stock radio. The colors match up. It is that simple.

*****Make sure you solder and heat-shrink your wires. If anyone tells you to use scotch-locks or other solderless connectors, don't even trust them to wash your truck....

NCRanchero Help

Could you also send me a copy of the wiring diagram. I have a 04 sport trac. I have the factory am-fm, cassette, cd player. Thanks

Ranchero, Would you be able to send me a wiring diagram for a 2003 Sport Trac XLT - I am installing a JVC KW-NT300 to replace my Pioneer Premium sound system with sub-woofer. I anticipate having the same issues as everyone else in accessing the subwoofer.

Back