• Register Today It's free!

New Navigation Card? (A4)

boltsfan17

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited 4WD
I read in another forum Ford has released a new navigation card (A4). Is anyone familiar with this?

I wonder if we have to take our vehicles to the dealership or will Ford send the new card?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I went to Navigation.com and it didn't list an update for the 2013 Ex, so I am not sure if they haven't updated their webpage, or if it hasn't been actually released yet?

Wow the 3.5.1 update is almost twice the size of the 3.2.2 update. That's pretty heavy, I think this is that major update rumored earlier.

Fingers and toes crossed this one makes a difference (a positive one that is :))

I installed the update.. it's NOTICEABLY faster than 3.2.2. Funny enough someone started a thread about the DST time change this morning, that option to turn on/off DST has disappeared, it seems to be adjusting automatically now. It appears that "shuffle" with my iPhone 4S (now being used as an ipod dedicated to the car) is now working correctly, though that might be a side affect of rebooting, so we'll see when I go back out to drive home later this evening.

Voice commands seem faster to respond, but I haven't any any issues w/ voice recognition, so I don't see much difference there.

I'll let you guys know if I find anything else. The navi was near unusable for me prior, so I did the update without the new card, I'll call my dealer later and ask when they expect to have them in stock.

Fingers and toes crossed this one makes a difference (a positive one that is :))

Agreed VinceL, hope this time is :thumbsup::thumbsup:. Waiting how they will do this, service center or mail...:chug: As you said fingers and toes crossed.

A4 Nav card

I just talked with my parts guy at the dealer, and (Surprise...surprise) he didn't have a clue it was out, or that he could order it.

I had to give him the part number, TSB number, and more to get him to order it. I'm surprised I didn't have to go over to the dealer and input it into the system for him...:mad:

Haven't done the download yet, that's next. Glad to hear it appears to work better. Only time will tell.

Fyi...

I just went on the Sync-my-ride site for my Ex, and low and behold there is NOTHING there indicating the new update. Isn't that special...:hammer: (pounding sand)

It will be interesting to see when the Sync site indicates the update is available. boltsfan said he read about it on another board so it could have been out for a few days already, but anyway today is 11/5/12.

let's see how long it takes them to post it on the Sync page.

I just went on the Sync-my-ride site for my Ex, and low and behold there is NOTHING there indicating the new update. Isn't that special...:hammer: (pounding sand)

It will be interesting to see when the Sync site indicates the update is available. boltsfan said he read about it on another board so it could have been out for a few days already, but anyway today is 11/5/12.

let's see how long it takes them to post it on the Sync page.
I don't know if this update will appear on SMR for downloading. I printed the TSB and at the very bottom in fine print is states, "The procedures should not be performed by 'do-it-yourselfers'."
Looks like it will be a dealer install.

Peter

Still nothing on sync my ride as of this morning Nov. 6th
Rebecca,
What have you heard?

Hi, Everyone!

Ford has provided a new MyFord Touch software update to our dealers that is available to customers who are experiencing phone compatibility, voice recognition, or navigation issues. Due to the need for vehicles that have the navigation option to receive a new SD card after the update, the software is currently only available through the dealership. We will communicate more information about the availability of the update when available. In the meantime, we do not recommend installing the software from any source except for a certified Ford or Lincoln dealer.

Rebecca

Hi, Everyone!

Ford has provided a new MyFord Touch software update to our dealers that is available to customers who are experiencing phone compatibility, voice recognition, or navigation issues. Due to the need for vehicles that have the navigation option to receive a new SD card after the update, the software is currently only available through the dealership. We will communicate more information about the availability of the update when available. In the meantime, we do not recommend installing the software from any source except for a certified Ford or Lincoln dealer.

Rebecca

Thanks for the update Rebecca.

GWA1

Hi, Everyone!

Rebecca

Rebecca, any chance we can get information about what they mean by problems with phone compatibility? Will this finally allow my iPhone to display text messages on the MFT screen? Ford has been very quiet about this after announcing on SMR that they would provide information on this in October.

Thanks!

DH

Received a call from my dealer that they have verified that my Ex requires the update. They are ordering the A4 SD card and have set up an appoint for installation of V3.5.1 and card next week.

Peter

Will this finally allow my iPhone to display text messages on the MFT screen? Ford has been very quiet about this after announcing on SMR that they would provide information on this in October.

This isn't a Ford issue. Apple yanked MAP (messaging access protocol) support out of the iOS 6.0 release. This protocol is what is required for MFT to talk to your iPhone for text messages. Unless Apple added MAP support back into 6.0.1 released a few days ago, texting integration with iPhone will not work yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is there any way to find out if we have any open FSA, other than taking to dealer?

Back