How to remove '99 Explorer radio

meyek91974

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, Kentucky - Let me no f u r nearby
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer 2wd Edd.B
I can't find but please help-
How do I remove the radio head unit from in the dash.
I removed the center console and need to remove the cable for cd changer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For a couple bucks get yourself a set of Ford radio removal tools. Insert into the four small holes.

How do I remove radio when extraction pins don't work

I bought extraction pins at AutoZone when entering them the right side becomes loose as if it'll come out however the left side is still clipped and staying in no matter how many times I Wiggle It Jiggle the pen. How would you get the radio out

Did you spread the tools apart whilst pulling?

And don't put the tools in too deep, there is a sweet spot.

Pulling the wires apart and "feeling" if the left one was sinking in too deep worked!
I GOT IT OUT!
For expediting the search, I want to remove the wire for the cd changer and I see that goes to a bundle; I also don't have the subwoofer hooked up. Where can I find a wire diagram for the back plugs?

Thanks for all the help guys! -thanks

Thank you all!

Hey SWS! That 'the12volt.com' ^^ is DEFINITELY a keeper site! I hacked around there a while and I sure could have used some of that info before some projects I tried! Excellent and valuable info! Thanks! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Chef Duane, many car audio shops and larger electronics chains have been using "the12volt.com" for years.

For hacks like me it's also easier than schematics. Bookmark for now, really should be a sticky in this sub forum. :thumbsup:

Back