Passenger Window Intermittent/ Not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

jbwilson3791

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer
I have a 2004 ford explorer XLS and have had an issue with driver side passenger window for a while now. Up until now I've been dealing with bigger issues but finally trying to tackle this. For at least the last year the driver side passenger power window has been intermittently responded to both switches (driver and passenger switches). For the last week I haven't been able to get it to work at all (I don't know if that means it has finally broke or will eventually work again). Has anybody had any experiences similar to this? Does the fact it intermittently worked for a long period of time indicate a different issues other than a bad motor or regulator? I took the passenger door panel off to inspect for bad or loose wires, as well as check the door henge boots in both doors for bad wires. I didn't go out of my way checking for bad wires, just pulled the boots out and inspected only what was easily visible. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

I have a 2004 ford explorer XLS and have had an issue with driver side passenger window for a while now. Up until now I've been dealing with bigger issues but finally trying to tackle this. For at least the last year the driver side passenger power window has been intermittently responded to both switches (driver and passenger switches). For the last week I haven't been able to get it to work at all (I don't know if that means it has finally broke or will eventually work again). Has anybody had any experiences similar to this? Does the fact it intermittently worked for a long period of time indicate a different issues other than a bad motor or regulator? I took the passenger door panel off to inspect for bad or loose wires, as well as check the door henge boots in both doors for bad wires. I didn't go out of my way checking for bad wires, just pulled the boots out and inspected only what was easily visible. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Edit: did a more thorough search for broken wired in the door jams but no luck in finding anything

Edit: did a more thorough search for broken wired in the door jams but no luck in finding anything

update: used a test light to test both the driver and passenger door and each switch as power going to the switch and leaving the switch. Hopefully somebody can help me figure out what that means. Thank You

Back