• Register Today It's free!

Keypad for keyless entry

9T5SVT

Reaction score
City, State
Fredericksburg, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Sport Trac XLT
Anyone know how to reset the keypad so it can be reprogrammed? It's a 2005 Sport Trac and when we bought it the drivers manuel was missing, so that's why I'm asking this. Thanks

Steven

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should be able to find a manual here...
Dead Link Removed

You should be able to find a manual here...
Dead Link Removed

Thanks for the link. I guess a better question to ask is, do you know where the factory code is located on the vehicle? We bought this vehicle used, but I know the factory code is somewhere on the vehicle. Thanks

Steven

remove the heater panel on top of your dash then go outside the car passenger side, lift your wiper blade then use a led flashlight and look inside the dash youll see a module with the code printed on, approx where the helper airbag is situated... position your head near the antenna approx 6inch higher than the hood from that angle you should be able to read it.... just did mine last weekend

remove the heater panel on top of your dash then go outside the car passenger side, lift your wiper blade then use a led flashlight and look inside the dash youll see a module with the code printed on, approx where the helper airbag is situated... position your head near the antenna approx 6inch higher than the hood from that angle you should be able to read it.... just did mine last weekend

Is the heater panel where the vents come out for the defroster? I was wondering if that was it and how to remove it. I just bought my son the 01 Sport Trac and the dealer did not know the keypad code.

Thanks for the link, will try it today.

Any secrets on how to get that cover off. Mine must have never been off. Having a little trouble getting it off without doing any damage to the dash.

Use a long wide blade screwdriver, put a double folded towel over the dash pad to protect it.

This photo showing the dash slots indicate where the clips are and where to pry.

090718018.jpg

and the bottom side of the defroster panel
Defrosterpanel001.jpg

Bought some plastic tools at harbor freight and got the cover off. Could notfind a five digit number.Found one little sticker which came off but it had TTY2 in big letters it also had a few small numbers. Could the 2001 Sport trac module be somewhere else? Maybe I am not looking for a sticker but some kind of metal label but I didnt see one of those either. Help.

I understood the '01 code is on the module behind the back seat. Search "keyless code" in this forum. I know its there.

I think you are right....I did a search for keyless entry and found the information on the forum. I have a '05 and followed those instructions and got my code (that saved me $80), but the earlier models if I am not mistaken is under one of the backseat pannels.

No, no STrac4me and 600remguy........It IS where it was told to be, on the Security Module. If you can't see the code through the windshield you have two other options. Remove the passenger side air bag to get to the module or have the dealer connect it to their computer.

On the regular Explorer the module is in a rear quarter panel location but NOT on a Sport Trac.

Here it is with the air bag removed ....... on my 2001.

The blurred out area is the code ....
0901303.jpg

090130.jpg

It was VERY difficult to see the number on my '002 but I finally got to where it was visible.

Securitymodule001.jpg

Oh.....my mistake. I know I read that it was under the rear pannel, but I did not recall it was only on the Explorers. I got my code 3 weeks ago and only had to remove the inside defrost cover. I was able to see my code thru the front windshield from the passanger side. Mine was tucked in pretty good, but I could get low enough to read the code using a small flash light. Once again good luck!

They're not easy to see. I could make out all but the first number. That left trial & error to get it but there wasn't but 5 choices.

use a mechanics mirror, the little round one on a telescoping handle, and a flashlight, I did on my 02.

Well I found my code. It wasnt under the dash but was behind the backseat. My sport trac is a job 1(5/00) so some of them must be behind the seat. Thanks for all the post.

Say what??????????? I'd love to see a photo of that location. These '01 Job 1 trucks are mind blowing ...........horse of a different color things!

BTW, I'd like a little BBQ sauce on my crow............:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wings are good!

Want photos! ! !

Back