Jack location? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jack location?

rweyant

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
I know where the jack is, but where is the tire iron and how do you lower the spare? Dont have a manual.. thanks..:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In the engine compartment. You lower the spare by inserting the rod into the hole by the rear bumper and cranking it down.

The tire iron should be in the rear compartment with the jack. The spare tire extension is behind the rear seats

In the engine compartment. You lower the spare by inserting the rod into the hole by the rear bumper and cranking it down.
Not on a 2nd gen. Keep it straight.

Does anyone actually read their owner's manual anymore? Instructions are pretty thoroughly explained in there, and there is (was) a plastic-coated how-to with fancy colored diagrams in the jack compartment itself.

To answer the question though, the jack handle is used to turn the extension. The extension is, as already noted, under the carpet at the front of the cargo area, directly behind the rear seats. (which is a lousy location if you are actually hauling anything back there)

-Joe

Does anyone actually read their owner's manual anymore? Instructions are pretty thoroughly explained in there

Joe, he did not have an owners manual. That is why he was asking.

Joe, he did not have an owners manual. That is why he was asking.

I wasn't picking on him... I meant to pick on GatorBlazer... Guess the quote didn't paste LOL!

Oh, and I should probably mention... manuals are readily available from Ford as a free download.

Go to www.motorcraft.com >technical resources >owner guides >year, make, model, view content.

It'll pop up a PDF file... save it and/or print it.

-Joe

I wasn't picking on him... I meant to pick on GatorBlazer... Guess the quote didn't paste LOL!

-Joe

Picking on me while Im gone? CHEAP SHOT!!;)

Yeah I got em confused, I stand awaiting execution

I think ford has the manuals for download in pdf format, I just forgot the website.

Back