"Black Panther" 2014 Ford Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"Black Panther" 2014 Ford Explorer Sport

"Black Panther" 2014 Ford Explorer Sport

Hi fellow members. Let me introduce the "Black Panther" - 2014 Ford Explorer Sport, Tuxedo Black Metallic, Black Interior, Dual Panel Moonroof, Navigation System, Trailer Tow Package Class III.

My name is Fredrik and I am a VFX Compositor, hence the alias (comper). I'm originally from Stockholm, Sweden, but currently working in Montreal, Canada for the last year and a half.

Modifications:
// Visual Garage Shark Fin Antenna V2, Tuxedo Black
// WeatherTech Cargo Liner
// Airaid MXP Cold Air Intake
// Livernois, 93 octane Performance Tune
// Livernois Evenflo Thermostat
// Livernois/Corsa Catback Exhaust System
// SunGard Window Tint 50/20/20
// "Slick top" - Removed Roof Rack/Rails
// Black Painted Ford Emblems
// DMB Graphics gel overlay Ford emblems on steering wheel
// Almost all interior and exterior bulbs replaced by LED's - still have the dome and puddle lights left.

E0090BC7-27AA-4054-AFB8-094760AEB603_zpsteny7mkn.jpg
[/URL]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like we have matching trucks. I'm going a different direction you though, ordering the Interceptor steel wheels Tuesday and starting to scheme on Rigid LED lights for the front and roof. I'm loving mine do far, drives like a dream compared to my old F150.

Did you end up doing it yet? Would love to see pics

Steel wheels are on, Setina push bar also. Still brainstorming on the best possible combination of lights. I'm not ready to drill holes in my roof yet so all lifts will be on the pushbar.

Steel wheels are on, Setina push bar also. Still brainstorming on the best possible combination of lights. I'm not ready to drill holes in my roof yet so all lifts will be on the pushbar.

Just curious, are you an EMT/VFF?

Or you just want to look like a cop? :nono:

Are the leds legal? I want a pushbar on it but I am worried I may get a ticket for trying to impersonate police...which I am not.

If the car were red no one would think twice but because mine is black there is that knee-jerk reflex that people think it could be the police. The LED's are rated for "non-highway" use which really translates to them being perfectly acceptable for use as high beams on back roads and as additional lighting during inclement driving conditions. I used to run mine quite often but had to turn them off during dusk/dawn low-light times because they can be quote distracting to other drivers.

Bottom line: get a push bar, they look great. If you frequent the boonies like me, consider the LED's.

Im picking up a white next week as I hate red. How much do thr setinas weigh?
can I see a pic of yours? Thanks

All the dimensions should be on their website, they were exceptionally helpful when I asked for the dimensions via email so you could inquire. If you get the aluminum one like I did I imagine it's fairly light, the steel one is clearly the heavier of the the two. I can email you pictures? I am working off of my phone so I can't attach them. PM me if you're interested.

Today I got my Livernois/Corsa catback system installed :D

Really happy with the black tips, worth the extra $$$. I have not decided if I'm going to paint the back end of the muffler matte black though...

E198BD28-410B-4944-9FA1-84FE26F8D2E0_zpslk1iathx.jpg

Hey man, if you don't mind me asking what kind of wheels are those on there? I've been looking for a set for a while and really admire yours.

- Kristina

Hey man, if you don't mind me asking what kind of wheels are those on there? I've been looking for a set for a while and really admire yours.

- Kristina

Thank you!

The rims are KoKo Kuture Massa-5 22x9" w/ Nitto NT 420 265/40R22 tires.

Cheers

Back