• Register Today It's free!

Axxess ASWC-1 Help

MossyOak07

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Anyone installed this? I have a 98 Explorer Eddie Bauer and a pioneer MVH-560BT head unit. It says to wire the red wire to ignition, black to ground and red/gray to the number 9 pin on factory harness.

I tried that it wouldn't work. I emailed axxess and they said it had to be hooked to the factory side number 9 pin wire which is blue/pink. I looked at number 9 again and it is green/purple. I tried wiring it to it anyway and had no success.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pin 9, Light Green/Purple is a Power line.
However, in a lower end radio Pin 9 indicates Protocol A, therefore, connecting to Protocol A on your radio should work..

You will be looking at Pin 6, which is light blue/pink. This is on the second harness, not the power harness. Tap into this wire.

If that doesn't work, just post again.

I tried wiring it to the light blue/pink wire it harness 2 that you mentioned. The steering wheel controls still wouldn't work. I did notice however that I got the solid LED rather than the flashing LED on the Axxess unit itself.

Try the wire right next to it, Protocol B, the tan one.

If that doesn't work, go back to Protocol A and contact the company. I'm not too familiar with the Axxess adapters. But it does connect to one of the Protocol wires.

Ok. I will give the tan one a try today. I did email the company again but haven't received a reply as it is the weekend. Just want to get this thing working so I don't feel like I threw 50 bucks out the window!

Thanks for.your help!

The attached picture is from the installation book. I was thinking there was a picture of the connector in the stuff that crutchfield sent. I will have to look for it when I get home.

Attachments

• CAM00568.jpg
    CAM00568.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 313

Did you do this?:

'For all other radios, plug in the male 3.5mm connector of the ASWC-1 into the back of the aftermarket radio, designated for an external SWC control interface. Please refer to the aftermarket radios manual if you are in doubt where the 3.5mm connector of the ASWC-1 goes.'

Back