October EF Lottery - "1st Wheeling Meet/Run" | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

October EF Lottery - "1st Wheeling Meet/Run"

Status
Not open for further replies.
First EF run was this past Moab trip...had such a blast that weekend and made some new friends...already planning our time out there for next year! :)

11350525_580476495385_1856416820928053711_n.jpg

11295862_580477568235_2254497930542888220_n.jpg

11275931_952828224757153_1082672462_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

NOT A SUBMISSION

[MENTION=71]Rick[/MENTION], Your pics must be the First "1st run pics" of the EF. :chug:

After viewing the posts being submitted this month, I can't help but to post media with the theme.

My first run with the EF was in Ouray 2010, only [MENTION=1644]Brian1[/MENTION], his dad Jim, and myself were there, but did we have a blast burning up the trails!!

My favorite pic of the Dr. Jack on the trail starting down Black Bear

46832_140550585981405_2970381_n_zps1vxyxsj0.jpg

At the falls

m_DSC09374_zpslupo9mcb.jpg

Red Mountain Mine

m_DSC09478_zpsdayuuylf.jpg

The Tram

m_DSC09471_zpsdfbztqds.jpg

It was. Was that Sport Trac in the picture the only one on the west coast that Ford had at the time? I remember we bent up the sliders and they had to get them fixed before some big reveal show a few days after they brought it to Truckhaven.

I also think that was the last time Ford ever got involved in a off road event.

Truck Haven was the second of three runs that Ford joined us on. First was in Colorado, then Truck Haven and finally Moab. The crew they sent to Moab was a lot different than those that went with us on the first two runs. It seemed that their focus had changed in that short of a time.

One of their engineers had his Jeep shipped out to Moab. He blew off the Explorer run and went out with his personal friends. I guess that didn't fly well with his superiors.:eek:

The white Sport Trac had to be back in Detroit to be put in the Detroit Auto Show shortly after the run, at least that's what Rick Haas has told me.:dunno: They definitely had their work cut out to make it show worthy after that weekend :D That stock Sport Trac did REALLY well out there. I remember being very surprised.

The first time I got to take the Buffalo to a meet. This was at Marble Falls in Nov 2013.
DSC_0105_zps2dc9d478.jpg

That picture got me below the belt. I have been in that position a few times, and when that rear tire comes off the ground......:eek:

That picture got me below the belt. I have been in that position a few times, and when that rear tire comes off the ground......:eek:

When that happen Mike was spotting for me, he told me to go right - I went left:eek:

When that happen Mike was spotting for me, he told me to go right - I went left:eek:

But it made a great pic!! :bounce: (I don't remember who took the photo tho)

[MENTION=22524]theluke19[/MENTION] and [MENTION=156828]2TimingTom[/MENTION] I think I saw that hummer my first time up Geneva Creek this year. Would've been Sept. 3rd or 4th I believe? They were camped not far from us.

[MENTION=22524]theluke19[/MENTION] and [MENTION=156828]2TimingTom[/MENTION] I think I saw that hummer my first time up Geneva Creek this year. Would've been Sept. 3rd or 4th I believe? They were camped not far from us.

Really? Was there also some kind of significant camper as part of their group? I don't see him camping without it.

Here's a couple of my first "group run". (@2timingtom - was Peak 10 the first time I joined up with you guys?)

I do believe it was. We did Georgia Pass first, stopped in Frisco for lunch and then Peak 10.

Peak 10 is still one of my favorites.

Really? Was there also some kind of significant camper as part of their group? I don't see him camping without it.
No there wasnt. It was just a red hummer that was there when we came in Friday night, and passed the convoy on our way in Saturday morning. There was no camper though.

Another "not an entry" post:

August 2012 Kingston Peak.
KingstonTrip22-cairnhouseflag.jpg

Check out those tiny tires! I had just finished my body lift and the paint on the sliders was barely dry before starting this trip.

I remember getting my first big scrape/bang. I thought my new sliders had saved me but instead I hit the torsion bar mounts:
KingstonTrip58-almostsliders.jpg

Thought this was a cool shot. This was the end of this RR spur:
KingstonTrip98-RRtracks.jpg

Looks like a completely different rig from where it sits today.

Bump for the last week prior to drawing.

I am not sure what time the drawing will take place on Saturday, I will be in Maryland visiting family. The alternate procedure will be used. (Deck of cards)

The Lottery for November will be started on Oct 29th or 30th, at this time I will be in Pa.

For this month's theme, I hope other members have enjoyed reading about memories of being on the trail with other off roaders for the first time as much as I. It was great to read the posts from members going down memory lane for hitting the trails for the first time.

[MENTION=76870]corkey[/MENTION], Pete, have you found the SMORR pics?

Congrats to 96EXXLTinCO for his entry winning the October's EF Lotterty! :dpchug:

A meetup with a local group a month ago. I had been running mild trails alone until then.
This is the highest point on the trail at an old mine.

20150905_131940%20Medium_zpswdnhs3i4.jpg

20150905_120045%20Medium_zpsuwebquxn.jpg

Airing down at the trailhead. We had 7 rigs in all, and picked up one more on the way up for a total of 8.

CIMG0490%20Medium_zpspch5ckkl.jpg

Convoy to the trailhead.

CIMG0484%20Medium_zpsp2igwuuy.jpg

View from the site of 2 other mines off a spur from the same trail.

20150905_144155%20Medium_zpsqb5mxamp.jpg

Explorer led the way the whole day!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back