Paint codes source for Ford Explorer and other models | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Paint codes source for Ford Explorer and other models

I have been looking for some silver trim paint codes for my roof rack that started peeling recently on my '07 Sport Trac Limited. I found this link to Martin Seynor paints that lists quite a few Ford models from 2004 to 2015 with paint codes under categories for exterior, accents, accessory, wheels, underhood, and interior. They have other manufacturers as well.

Thought this might be useful to you as my search has gone on for weeks and I've looked at post after post here on this forum too. I'd asked a dealer parts man and he had no clue what the paint code would be. It's not in the service manual either. You'd think it would be there but in two thick volumes, I saw only the exterior main color code and an accent color. Nothing on the accessories, wheels, etc.

http://www.martinsenour-autopaint.com/color-tools/oem-color-compatibility-guides#ford

My Limited had silver painted wheels, step bar, and roof rack. It make sense now they should all be the same color. The only silver that showed up for those categories was Silver / M6389A / 46574. Now to find some and see if it does match!

Thanks for posting this. I wasted more than an hour looking for this information and there are lots of posts looking for wheel color that don't help but this one does! I even registered for an account just to write this response (long time lurker on the site, though). Unfortunately, the same silver color you need is the one I need but it isn't available at any of the automotive stores in town! I'll be ordering it online instead. Thanks again!

Back