Show off your Wheels | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your Wheels

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Before and after. Refinished the rims in graphite and swapped the centers caps. Moved up from stock 255-70-16 to Toyo 265-75-16...my son's vehicle

Attachments

• BEFOREandAFTER.jpg
    BEFOREandAFTER.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 557

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I've always liked these factory 16's.

DSC00608.jpg

Factory finish on the XLT. Silver slots with clearcoat.

11247079_923230901054005_2226718702766381120_n.jpg

Sport with all the factory finish removed and polished, and polished, and......

DSC00611.jpg

Man, I do like this look. Did you have to use spacers or was it a straight bolt on?

Thx! No spacers, straight bolt on. Stock Explorer alloy wheels are 15x7 with +12 offset. The ones I have on are stock Crown Victoria 16x7 with +6 offset so they stick out a whole 6mm more lol

Gonna be on the look out for a set.

31x10.5x15 General Grabber AT2 on 15x7 ATX Slot wheels
20150818_182944-1_zpsuusk9ghu.jpg

On my 93
20150819_181343-1_zps39rvzs6y.jpg

Before and after. Refinished the rims in graphite and swapped the centers caps. Moved up from stock 255-70-16 to Toyo 265-75-16...my son's vehicle

What kind of center caps? Have any more photos?

What kind of center caps? Have any more photos?

I just have this photo on me right now. Let me know if you want me to post more later. The center caps are actually Windstar Sport 2001-2003 caps. They fit well with stock lug nuts. If you put locking nuts on, they won't fill quite as well as the back of the cap may touch the lock, but they still work fine.

Attachments

• wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 520

Attachments

• Wheel2.jpg
    Wheel2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 514
  • wheel3.jpg
    wheel3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 596

I'm sure someone has already posted their version of my wheels, but they're just the stock rims painted black everywhere besides the center caps. Actually might look for a few new old stock ones since these have a little surface rust on them.
YKsAHSl.jpg

These came on the truck, they cleaned up well so I'm happy with them. Not sure if stock or an option

IMG_20150816_193815368_zpshnakahpu.jpg

These came on the truck, they cleaned up well so I'm happy with them. Not sure if stock or an option

IMG_20150816_193815368_zpshnakahpu.jpg

Your rims were factory on mid nineties Eddie Bauer. I had them on my '96 EB. Steel rims with plastic chrome cladding, but they always looked great!

Attachments

• BOTH EXES.jpg
    BOTH EXES.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 531

Thanks 1996EB, I thought they may have been from a F150 but now I know!

I just have this photo on me right now. Let me know if you want me to post more later. The center caps are actually Windstar Sport 2001-2003 caps. They fit well with stock lug nuts. If you put locking nuts on, they won't fill quite as well as the back of the cap may touch the lock, but they still work fine.
That is something I never would have thought of but looks amazing! Gonna keep this in mind if I ever get a newer Sport/Sport Trac

That is something I never would have thought of but looks amazing! Gonna keep this in mind if I ever get a newer Sport/Sport Trac

Thanks! Not sure how I even thought of it, but we're liking them!

I like the look. I was in the salvage yard today just to see what was there. I looked, but didn't find any of these caps. My '01 Sport Trac has those wheels and the finish is bad on them. They're good candidates for that treatment.

I like the look. I was in the salvage yard today just to see what was there. I looked, but didn't find any of these caps. My '01 Sport Trac has those wheels and the finish is bad on them. They're good candidates for that treatment.

Yeah, just keep an eye on the wreckers for them. I've noticed a lot of Windstars being retired around my area. A smaller percentage were the Sport model, but they will show up eventually. We spent a long time sanding down the wheels and the paint bonded really nicely. I made sure that we got it done in the summer, to give the paint ample time to fully harden before being subjected to the winter weather (and salt).

IMG_4312 (1).JPG
IMG_4299.JPG
IMG_4317.JPG
FullSizeRender (6).jpg
FullSizeRender (13).jpg

18" 07-10 Sport Trac Limited rims, with 255-70-18 tires. Rims refinished by me.

Back