Need Help - All 92 Explorers PLEASE Respond | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Help - All 92 Explorers PLEASE Respond

diablo5969

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Versailles, KY (Home) Poughkeepsie, NY (School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Honda Pilot LX
Need Help - All 92 Explorers MUST Respond

Hi guys. I desperately need help here. I need to try to figure out the average mileage of a 1992 Explorer. I need as much information as possible for this. I plan to talk to Ford places and some used car dealerships about this, but I also wanted everybody with a '92 Explorer to post their mileage for me. I need as much help as I can get, so if everybody with a '92 would post their mileage I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have 121,000 on mine. Engine runs great. Fully expect to get at least 180,000 - 200,000 out of it. Had to rebuild the tranny at 98,000. No problems with it since then.

102,800 miles on mine.

Problems:
overheating- replaced fan clutch twice within 15k.
front bearings.
popping noise on the front-end since last week.
cheap paint job chippin off.:hammer:

Ive got 220,00kms.(about130.000miles+/-) just the usual problems .
If you mean gas milage 24mpg best ever on long road trip proably 19-20 average , but I havent really checked since body lift and 31s. Hope this helps.

It wasn't an Explorer, but if it helps, I sold my 92 4.0 Ranger in the summer of '99 with 125,000 miles on it. Engine ran great, tranny was a big piece of dung... Blew it out twice before I got a 1/2 decent rebuild.

our 1992 xlt has 248k miles on it now.. orig motor (new heads).. and 3rd tranny.. rest is normal type stuff..

~Mark

My 92 has 196K and original tranny. My 91 had 235K and was still running when I got my new one, it was on its second tranny.

159000 on mine, the tranny is needing help but other than that runs great.

Miles 136k, 2 tranny rebuilds no engine work
MPG 15 HWY 12 combination
4DR 4x4

Going for 250k, then I'll settle down and get my Ferrari

140,000 and some change. No motor work at all, new tranny at 95,000, lots of A/C work, RA bushings, normal maintenance. Looks and runs better than when it was new!

peace

Mike

i'd have to say sounds like mine is the 2nd lowest i have 112,500 miles on my 92, runs really well...having some problems with the auto hubs other than that tranny works great only had 1 other owner.

Thanks everybody! If there's anybody else out there with a '92, you can post too. Thanks!

And I only meant like total mileage on the car, but the gas mileage is kind of interesting to know too. Thanks!

my '92 has 274, 543 on it. original engine. second transmission

gas mileage...probably 15 - 16 mpg. my JET Chip never increased mileage....

We have three 1992'S in the family-

150,000 KILOMETERS
188,000 KMS
198,000 KMS

Remember, these are all Ex-Police, so the mileage is higher than it would be if we drove them for the first four years.

My 92 has 140K miles. The A4LD transmission has been rebuilt once 15K miles ago. No other major repairs.

'92 info

I'VE GOT A 4DR EB WITH 164K ON IT, 2ND OWNER. JUST WONDERED WHAT YOU NEED THE AVERAGE MILEAGES FOR ? HOPE YOU GET ENOUGH REPLIES TO GET A GOOD NUMBER.

Sorry I'm late..........

I've got 138,571.8 miles on mine. Nothing has broke that I haven't caused myself. Well except water pump and all related hoses. Other then that I have broke just about everything once, but in an off-road situation.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Re: '92 info

Originally posted by fireftr
JUST WONDERED WHAT YOU NEED THE AVERAGE MILEAGES FOR ? HOPE YOU GET ENOUGH REPLIES TO GET A GOOD NUMBER.

The reason my dad won't let me do any major mods to my Ex is because he thinks that by doing mods it will lower the resale value of it. So I was trying to think of a way to get around this, and I realized that if I try to prove that it will be worth practically nothing on the market anyway that the mods wouldn't matter anymore. He plans to sell it in 2004, so it'll be ten years old, so I was finding the average mileage of a 10 year old Explorer to calculate with like the Blue Book or something. However, there is one fatal flaw with this plan. So far the average is about 158,601.1, but my Ex only has 81,000, and my dad knows I won't put 80,000 miles on it in two years. If anyone else has any other ways to solve this problem, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

And by the way, I must say, I am suprised at how high all these mileages are. I guess the Exs can survive a LOT longer than I thought. Thanks for the numbers!

Back