Front Driver and Passanger Seat Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front Driver and Passanger Seat Question

zkeeton

Reaction score
City, State
Fergus Falls, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Hello Everyone:

I have a two part question. T he first question is this. The driverside seat reclining lever has been broken off. Is there a way to replace that, without replacing the seat? If so, does anyone have a part number and a link to a guide that shows you how to replace it?

The second question that i have, is that on both front seats, the plastic side piece has broken off, and is hanging down. IS there a way to replace this plastic piece? Again, the same question would be, does anyone know where I can a replacement piece, and if there is a part number for it?

THanks in advance!

I think that the reclining latch part of the seat can be replaced, just not the handle itself. Mine broke off, but I just made another handle, and drilled and tapped the handle to the metal tabs that held the original.
8650SeatLever_Medium_.jpg

Those plastic pieces are commonly broke by sliding out of the seat and hitting them repeatedly. You best bet for those is to call a junkyard.

nice seat lever that you made out of angled pc of metal & shorter to prevent tearing of jeans & flesh

Back