Before and After: PA Body Lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Before and After: PA Body Lift

Before:

dsci0053.jpg

After:

0125001641.jpg

I'm going to look into the rear bumper bracket drawings on here. What grade/width steel do I use?
If anyone can hook me up let me know ;)

0130001747a.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hows the truck running with the bigger tires?

wow that looks awesome. do you have any rubbing when turnin?

what size are those tires, im planing to go 285/75 16 but i dont have a body lift

Hows the truck running with the bigger tires?

It ran TERRIBLE without an alignment, the steering wheel shook like a son of a gun even at 35mph. I took it down to the shop and got a full alignment yesterday: toe, camber and caster.. IMO it's better than it was at stock. I cranked the torsion bars up 1.5in, it doesn't nose dive under braking anymore. She cruises just as good as stock and I have stock shocks w/ 142k miles on them :( planning on getting Rancho RS5000's soon, just need to figure out what size.

wow that looks awesome. do you have any rubbing when turnin?

Yes, when I crank it about 1/4 left or right and hit a bump simultaneously, i get a slight chirp. I cut out the rocker panel lookin things, here's a pic of the clearance I have and you can kinda see how I cut them:

(Sorry it is rainy/snowy/sleety/haily.. nasty as crap out right now)
0205002340a.jpg

0205002341.jpg

what size are those tires, im planing to go 285/75 16 but i dont have a body lift

They are 33x12.50r15 BFGoodrich All-Terrains

looks good. i have the same lift and i just got done cutting up my fenders to clear my 33's. i cut about 4 inches off the back of my fenders to clear while flexing. but my rims are also 10" wide and they stick out pretty far. my front bumper was leaning down like yours. all i did was take a jack with a piece of wood on it and jack it up on the rear of the bumper right in front of the tire until is was level again.

Yea...you definitely have some more trimming to do! I was curious how much rubbing you had with the 12.50's I was looking at buying a set for my truck.

damn that looks damn good. My bill collectors who were waiting to get their greasy hands on my tax money are going to hate you. :)

D a n a

Looks great man! Oh, and that's the kind of snow I want. Around here, we don't get enough to keep people home, i don't go out when the idiots are out. Snow THAT deep would for sure keep them home, I'd have the whole road to myself!

Oh, are those Cragar soft 8's with chrome center hubs? I'm liking the blackout look.

Yea...you definitely have some more trimming to do! I was curious how much rubbing you had with the 12.50's I was looking at buying a set for my truck.

Rubbing.. none (I have yet to rail test it though..)
They've sqeaked a few times pulling into my driveway which is like 30 degrees uphill

Looks great man! Oh, and that's the kind of snow I want. Around here, we don't get enough to keep people home, i don't go out when the idiots are out. Snow THAT deep would for sure keep them home, I'd have the whole road to myself!

Oh, are those Cragar soft 8's with chrome center hubs? I'm liking the blackout look.

Indeed they are, with the stock hubcaps clicked on the lugnuts.

Indeed they are, with the stock hubcaps clicked on the lugnuts.
Awesome! I had wondered why someone would have chrome center caps on those wheels, with the black side of the tire outside, it adds a nice contrast to the black.

I chose the black caps, but turned the white lettering out. I like to think that it gives the same kind of contrast.

DSC_0061.jpg

Nice looking rigs guys. Scotty J did you replace the driverside fender on your truck?
The last time I saw it on here you had a little trail rash:D

Nice looking rigs guys. Scotty J did you replace the driverside fender on your truck?
The last time I saw it on here you had a little trail rash:D
Oh yeah, can't be driving around with a black eye forever LOL.

Keep in mind, this was my wife's father's truck when it was stock. There is no WAY it was going to stay damaged. In fact, the body shop fixed the dimple over the port side rear fender well.

Good to hear that the truck is dimple free:D that is to nice of a truck to have trail rash on.

sweet ranger set up

I've favored this type of cheaper way to lift since I seen Gjarretts and Gman's ex's

Good to hear that the truck is dimple free:D that is to nice of a truck to have trail rash on.
But not too nice to be back on the trails! However, I am going to get something to beat the hell out of. This one is special so It's going to be reserved for the bunny trails and special trips.

i just got back from beating my truck around the badlands in attica. and with all the trail riding and flexing with the wheel turned all the way the only thing i barely rubbed on was the plastic inner fender. but that's only because i didn't cut it up too much on purpose.

I thought that the steering bracket on the #883 was different than 95-97 explorers used? I have a 97 Eddie Bauer and want to get a 3" BL but I don't know which one is the right one....#883 or #853?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

95-97's are suppose to use 853, you're suppose to go with the same year ranger to be sure the steering part is the same.

Back