Control arm bushings 2012 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Control arm bushings 2012 Explorer

deanrelkins

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer base
Just after putting new tires at 52,000 miles on my Explorer, I began hearing a "pop" coming from the front left wheel (under the hood) every time I braked. I took it to the shop who had done maintenance on my brakes 6 months previously. They told me it was the left control arm bushing and they recommend placing both control arms for $650...because the bushings aren't sold separately. Pretty costly. Is this the beginning of rebuilding the front suspension and power train one part at a time? uugh!

Just after putting new tires at 52,000 miles on my Explorer, I began hearing a "pop" coming from the front left wheel (under the hood) every time I braked. I took it to the shop who had done maintenance on my brakes 6 months previously. They told me it was the left control arm bushing and they recommend placing both control arms for $650...because the bushings aren't sold separately. Pretty costly. Is this the beginning of rebuilding the front suspension and power train one part at a time? uugh!
Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
4.2L V6?? As far as I know the largest displacement engine in the 5th gen is the 3.5L V6.

Peter

Control Arm Bushings

Rockauto.com has control arm bushings for $31.79 for each side. Moog #K200778 and #K200779 .

You're correct. It's a 3.5 L V6. Thank you for your laser-like focus on my problem.

Back