How many LED Load Resistors do I need? Or electronic flasher? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many LED Load Resistors do I need? Or electronic flasher?

Its been a couple years since ive done any work with LEDs on a vehicle, so im a bit rusty.

Im converting every plug & play bulb to LED/HID.

I am going to be running switchback LEDs in the front (White parking light, but flashes amber for the blinker) and LED taillight bulbs.

Do I need one of the resistors for each function of the bulb, or JUST for the blinker/brake?

(Im not sure if that makes sense - Do I need 2 resistors PER bulb, one on each of the wires, like low power being the parking/running light and then another on the high power wire being the blinker/brake light?)

Can we use electronic flashers on a 4th generation? I remember doing that in my Crown Vic which saved from having the resistors, which was a hell of alot cleaner and easier to install.

Thanks!

Anytime I have added LED bulbs all I've done is change out the flasher relay for a heavy duty one to cure the rapid flashing. That worked in both my 97 Explorers in the past along with my old 98 GT and 04 Cobra.

see my recent post. Only one resistor per light assembly. No flasher exists on 2007-2010 models. Its in the computer software.

Back