2010 sport trac bi-fold hard tonneau cover | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 sport trac bi-fold hard tonneau cover

paulsen1

Reaction score
City, State
Old Fields, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac XLT
does anyone know where I can get a replacement rubber "seal" that fits over the hinge area of the cover? It is a very thin piece of rubber that runs across the top of the hinge from one side of the cover across to the other. My cover is OEM REV. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford dealer said they could not find the part

Only found full cover on the link you provided

It exists. Just got one for my cover a few months ago. Haven't installed it yet.The original isn't quite ready yet. If you get it from Tasca, lay it out to let it settle. It comes rolled up in a box.

Thanks to all. I now have the site, part number and cost!
11/08/14 received email from Tasca. They no longer have the part available.
It is on back log and may never be available again. :-(

Try Greens, they buy tons of New Old Stock from dealerships, warehouses, distribution centers, etc.

http://www.greensalescompany.com/

I put the part number 7A2Z9900072D in & searched and it said they don't have it, but from past experience I've called and they were able to locate the part I needed anyway. Good luck!

Google the part number 7A2Z9900072D. According to Parts.com, they have one. Also you may search ebay, it may show up there also.
Good luck

Thanks for the additional sites to check out. I have an open order with gaudin and drive auto parts that I placed on the 10 th. Should be hearing back from them today or tomorrow.

I was just about to post up this very question before I did a search.

Thanks paulsen1 for beating me to it.

I just ordered the replacement gasket from parts.com. Gaudin has it on ebay for around 80 bucks, but parts.com has it for 75 shipped, so I went with them.

This site is an absolute must have resource if you own an X.

Part arrived yesterday from Gaudin. It was installed today.

I know this is an old post, but does anyone know about this seal on a 2005 ST.
Only thing I can find is the hinge assy; does that include seal??

I was just about to post up this very question before I did a search.

Thanks paulsen1 for beating me to it.

I just ordered the replacement gasket from parts.com. Gaudin has it on ebay for around 80 bucks, but parts.com has it for 75 shipped, so I went with them.

This site is an absolute must have resource if you own an X.
Hello: I know this a really old post, but just bought a 2010 Sport Trac (like it!) and am trying to find this replacement rubber "seal" that fits over the hinge area of the cover. Did you happen to have any luck? Does the part number in this thread include that rubber seal that goes over the top of the hinge? Many, many thanks!!

Zee

I cheaped out and went the inexpensive route - I took a 26 inch bike inner tube, cut it in half, sliced it open - fitted behind all the screws on the hinge, trimmed and works like a charm. Every month or so I give it a coating of sunscreen just for some UV protection.

Back