Sterling Grey Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sterling Grey Explorer

Youngr4

Reaction score
I ordered a Sterling Grey Explorer with charcoal black leather. I never actually saw an Explorer with these options. I was wondering if anyone ordered the same colors and have the car already. I would love to see some pictures of what it looks like. Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's a great color. Good enough for Ford to use in their national TV ad campaign.

I have that color combo and I love it. It's been crappy weather here in Ohio since I picked it, as soon as the weather straightens up and I can get it clean I will post some pics.

congrats Youngr4! I ordered the same, gray outside, charcoal inside. I don't think it can go wrong with that combo. i've been having my Xterra in gray for 6 years and it still looks great even without washing it often!

Same color combo ordered here. I saw one last night and I was soo jealous that it wasn't mine. I'm sick of waiting!

I have ordered sterling grey with stone interior (pic posted on "light stone vs charcoal black" thread below. I think both combo's are great, I am more of a fan of more color contrast rather than more monochromatic, but that's just individual taste. The grey really pops since it has a lot of mellalic flake effect, not just flat grey.

I test drove Silver/Black XLT and it was beautiful! Of course, I have yet to see a new Ex that I did not like :)

I have a LTD on order that is Grey/Pecan. I opted to break out from my comfort zone of Black Interior. Still a bit nervous :)

thats the color i was thinkin of getting if i get the 11 limited

Sterling gray is a great color!!! I've seen a few mustangs with it and I love it! Your Ex will look great;)

I have Sterline Grey with Pecan interior - Love it. It is the best color combo in my mind.

I ordered a Sterling Grey Explorer with charcoal black leather. I never actually saw an Explorer with these options. I was wondering if anyone ordered the same colors and have the car already. I would love to see some pictures of what it looks like. Thanks!!

There are a few pictures on facebook http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1888515690860&set=o.381809751600&theater

I ordered the same color combo. Mine was just built yesterday and its awaiting shipping so as soon as I get mine I'll be sure to post some pictures.

I ordered the same combination. Love the gray and how can you go wrong with a black interior...especially if you have kids. I stuck with the standard 20" wheels because I really liked the look, and didn't want any shiny chrome on my X, though it is not really that shiny.

I have ordered sterling grey with stone interior (pic posted on "light stone vs charcoal black" thread below. I think both combo's are great, I am more of a fan of more color contrast rather than more monochromatic, but that's just individual taste. The grey really pops since it has a lot of mellalic flake effect, not just flat grey.

i agree with you on the color contrast. i love the black leather with brown/red color on the Limited; however, I can't afford the Limited, so I am getting the XLT, :D

Here's mine at the dealer before it home.

232323232%7Ffp432%3C4%3Enu%3D3237%3E%3A68%3E962%3EWSNRCG%3D345%3B394759324nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp432%3B4%3Enu%3D3237%3E%3A68%3E962%3EWSNRCG%3D345%3B396484324nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp432%3C9%3Enu%3D3237%3E%3A68%3E962%3EWSNRCG%3D345%3B39475%3A324nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp432%3C3%3Enu%3D3237%3E%3A68%3E962%3EWSNRCG%3D345%3B39647%3A324nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp432%3B2%3Enu%3D3237%3E%3A68%3E962%3EWSNRCG%3D345%3B394758324nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp432%3B9%3Enu%3D3237%3E%3A68%3E962%3EWSNRCG%3D345%3B396479324nu0mrj

Mark, besides trailer mode, what do the other two buttons to the left of the steering wheel below the light controls say?

Mark, besides trailer mode, what do the other two buttons to the left of the steering wheel below the light controls say?

One is for the TOW mode (purchased with the tow package) and the other is for the Park Assist where the car will parallel park itself (it works great!)

One is for the TOW mode (purchased with the tow package) and the other is for the Park Assist where the car will parallel park itself (it works great!)

I have the TOW (Trailer) button on mine (that's the one I was referring tow). so we have Tow, Park Assist, and what else? Auto rear liftgate?

That really is a beautiful color....although not are nice as the Ingot Silver/charcoal black Limited I ordered! :smoke:

:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That really is a beautiful color....although not are nice as the Ingot Silver/charcoal black Limited I ordered! :smoke:

:D

Ditto! Love my silver/black combo!

Back