Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode) | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yikes.

Im sitting here shaking my head... while I am waiting to get my new Explorer maybe this weekend. I'll pay particular attention to this feature with MFT I guess!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did nobody see the solution I posted? (Post #25)

Yikes.

Im sitting here shaking my head... while I am waiting to get my new Explorer maybe this weekend. I'll pay particular attention to this feature with MFT I guess!
Hope it comes in this weekend. You really don't have anything to worry about unless you want to change the code it comes with. There are complete instructions in the Owner's Guide as to how to do that. I didn't see any reason to change mine and it is the same as it was when I got it.

Peter

True, and I made both cars the same as our house alarm for certain 'blonde' members of the family :) :) :)

Other than making one that's easier to remember...
That can be a factor for sure. I was really just referring to mine when I said I didn't see a reason to change it. I hardly ever use it. Last time was when it was at the dealer. They had finished servicing it and it was parked outside waiting to be washed. I needed to get something out of it but the key fob wasn't in it so I had to use the keypad. Still remembered the code but I also have it written down in my wallet in my own type of code format just in cased my memory bank fails. :)

Peter

I've been using mine lately when at kids' ball practices. At least if the BCM fails again and I get locked out, then I'm less than a mile from home. :)

Funny sorta. I read this before I picked up my explorer yesterday and I've already managed to screw this up. I am locked out of the feature in MFT and the procedure above does not correct it.

Keypad works fine, but I can't manage it from MFT anymore. It won't recognize a valid master code.

WTF.

upon further analysis it appears that when it comes from the factory, the factory code is programmed as a factory code AND a user code. When you delete it from MFT you're deleting the user code. You can add the factory code back as a user code by doing the add code method from the keypad, and instead of a personal code use the factory code again. This will put MFT back in it's original state when you picked up the car.

so process....

(from outside keypad)
DELETE ALL CODES
1) Enter Factory Code
2) Press 1*2 within 5 seconds
3) Press and Hold 1*2 for 2 seconds (within 5 seconds of step 2)

Add Back Factory Code
1) Enter Factory Code
3) Enter Factory Code again
4) Press 5*6 to finish programming

This should put MFT and keypad in the same state it came from the factory

Just to clarify: No, this procedure does not get MFT working again. At least on my new 2013 Explorer XLT. The 'Delete all user codes' function in MFT has, it seems... Broken MFT, and keypad creation of a 'user code' the same as the master code from the keypad doesn't fix it... It simply won't accept the factory code any longer.

Gads. The dealer is going to tell me to do a master reset. I can hear it already.

Just to clarify: No, this procedure does not get MFT working again. At least on my new 2013 Explorer XLT. The 'Delete all user codes' function in MFT has, it seems... Broken MFT, and keypad creation of a 'user code' the same as the master code from the keypad doesn't fix it... It simply won't accept the factory code any longer.

Gads. The dealer is going to tell me to do a master reset. I can hear it already.

I have tested this multiple times, Once reprogramming the user code from the door MFT works correctly for me (the same prompts I got prior to deleting all user codes)

I guess an obvious question is... what version of MFT are you on? (are you on the latest 3.5.1 ?)

I'll check but a assume so. It came off the assembly line just a couple weeks ago.

I'll check but a assume so. It came off the assembly line just a couple weeks ago.
If you have navigation, check the SD card. If you have the latest MFT version (3.5.1) then the card will be an A4.

Peter

So...seems I have the same problem I have seen at least one other person has: MFT only accepts the master code maybe (MAYBE!) one out of 10 tries.

I got in and added a new code and then immediately couldn't get in again. Wierd. I do have a life however so I'm not going to find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of the tootsie pop. ;-)

Diagnostic mode shows:

Vcmu: 2.4.17
Ccpu: 4.29.12285_Product
SQLite: 3.6.21
Nav: 3.34.4
Map: A4
Etc.

Not sure how that translates to MFT version?

Regardless... Looks like some kind of interface bug. I'll chalk it up to 'doesn't work on MFT' and use the keypad if I need to program it. (As shown in the owners manual, BTW).

Shrug.

I deleted the factory code from my 2013 Fusion. (Regarding the posts referring to the 2011 user manual, they don't help because the manual has changed since then.) When I deleted the factory code, I tried to re-enter the factory code and the system would not recognize it. In order to add a personalized code, the factory code has to be stored in the system, and then the factory code can be deleted because at least one code would exist. Yes, we're screwed I think, unless we go to the dealership. Unless someone has found a way to re-enter the factory code?

This worked:
(from outside keypad or touch screen)
DELETE ALL CODES
1) Enter Factory Code
3) Press and Hold 1*2 for 2 seconds (within 5 seconds of step 2)

Add Back Factory Code
1) Enter Factory Code
3) Enter Factory Code again
4) Press 5*6 to finish programming

This should put MFT and keypad in the same state it came from the factory

I deleted the factory code from my 2013 Fusion. (Regarding the posts referring to the 2011 user manual, they don't help because the manual has changed since then.) When I deleted the factory code, I tried to re-enter the factory code and the system would not recognize it. In order to add a personalized code, the factory code has to be stored in the system, and then the factory code can be deleted because at least one code would exist. Yes, we're screwed I think, unless we go to the dealership. Unless someone has found a way to re-enter the factory code?
As you found out and as the manual states, the factory code can not be deleted. By setting your own personal code you are just adding it to the list and it will be the one you have to use for the keypad. The factory code is still there, in the background so to speak. It has not been deleted.
Glad to hear all is well again.

Peter

peter....first off, are you a Police Officer? just asking since you have K-9 after your name.

2nd....I found the 5 digit number that I need to unlock my Explorer. Hopefully this info will help anyone else in the future who may need it. I looked under where the gas and brake pedals are located. I used the flashlight with my phone and there I "easily" saw a 5 digit number with the letter "L" after it. I hoped the "L" stood for "lock". I put in the 5 digit number and low and behold....my door unlocked!!!

jhcarter....thank you also for your advice. Your time was appreciated also. I'm just glad I had an easier and less time consuming outcome!

Found it! Very easy. Thanks jfbk

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How to find door combo

Just purchased a 2011 Explorer XLT and would like to find the combo for the door. Any ideas?
Thanks

Back