RABS bypass

wolfeman

Reaction score
City, State
Travelers Rest South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 4.0l 4dr 4wd
Hello,

I was wondering for those of you who have bypassed the Rabs module. is there a proportioning valve some whereelse or is the rabs the proportioning valve. do your brake "feel" different after you bypassed the module. I am interested in this because i have a high miler that i dont want to spend alot of money on but it is my daily driver right now. thanks for any info

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rabs

hello,

my rabs valve leaks out the small hole on the end when the brakes are applied.

hm. my module is leaking i think . there is a small hole init that look like its leaking and it tends to pool around the fuel filter

autozone part

hello,

i have read on here that the autozone part has issues with the threads not being the same as the lines. anyone use this part with no problems?

ybcold

that is where mine is leaking too

i guess no one has replaced their RABS valve with the autozone part.

i am afraid that a junkyard part will give the same problem. i dont mind buying the autozone part but i dont want to get the lines apart and find out that the the part isnt a good fit. i searched on here and found 2 guys that were having problems with the AZ part. that is why i am hesitant.

anyone use the autozone rabs valve with success????

heres the thing im talking about. would really love info on how to fix this. should be easy

IMGP0809.jpg

wolfeman have you had any success with this yet?

If you want to bypass it, go down to the parts store and pick up a union to connect the input and output lines together.

I had some issues with my RABS causing a soft spongy pedal that would slowly drift to the floor when pedal pressure was applied and held. After some researched, I found that the RABS module had a tendency to start rusting on the interior and give me the symptoms I was seeing. After bypassing it and bleeding the brakes, my pedal became nice and firm and wouldn't push to the floor any more. I also noticed that the truck didn't want to push through the brakes anymore.

I have a 90 Bronco full size that I bypassed the valve on. Its the same system. I Never have had any trouble out of doing it, i don't drive crazy enough to need it anyway. I never have liked ABS. I nearly wrecked because of it actually.

i dont have a rabs i just have a black box in that spot with a wire pluged in it

rabs reman unit

i guess no one has replaced their RABS valve with the autozone part.

The Rabs remanufactured unit i tried leaked at the brake line fittings. I returned it. Might have been Autozone. Got one at the dealer $250+, can not remember. They only had new ones but would not sell it until I gave them the old one. Did not get a core refund! Go figure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

right now im working on a write up of how to remove this thing. but my brake lines bolts are siezed at the HCU. i grabbed two bottle caps and filled them PB Blaster and i will let them sit over night and soak in the stuff. and see how easy they are to remove tomorrow.

i also considered cutting the line out but im not sure if they are expensive to replace. do they have any kind of pressure gradient to them? are they preformed?

Back