Female Seat belt Connector | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Female Seat belt Connector

halfbakedj14

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 explorer
I'm having a hard time finding the female connector that attaches to the floor for my 96 ford explorer eddie bauer addition for my driver’s seat. The one I have the spring is broken so I cannot insert my seatbelt into it. I keep finding the male connector but I can't seem to locate the female part that attaches to the floor.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What color? I have one from a '96 with tan interior.

It should be available from Ford. That's where I got mine from 3-4 years ago. It was around $45.

If you buy a used one make sure it is for a 1995-1997. Ford changed the design in 1998 and they will not work on a 1995-1997.

I'm having a hard time finding the female connector that attaches to the floor for my 96 ford explorer eddie bauer addition for my driver’s seat. The one I have the spring is broken so I cannot insert my seatbelt into it. I keep finding the male connector but I can't seem to locate the female part that attaches to the floor.

I had the same problem - got one from a junkyard for about $5. Don't worry about the color - you can reuse the plastic sleeve from your old one on the new buckle. You will need a Torex bit (T50 I believe) to get the mounting bolt off. Do a search - there is at least one very good thread on here with pics and all (maybe by Joe Dirt?) showing this job. Good luck.

bobflood's right...go to your local junk yard. the sleeve slips off.

Back