Will these tires fit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will these tires fit

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys I'm new here and was seeing if a cadillac cts 17 inch stock rims fit My 2001 mountaineer

I seriously doubt it, as the center bore and bolt pattern are probably smaller on the cadillac. Best way to find out is either find the bolt pattern for the cts rims and see if they match the mountaineers, which is 5x4.5. or, try and put them on..

I seriously doubt it, as the center bore and bolt pattern are probably smaller on the cadillac. Best way to find out is either find the bolt pattern for the cts rims and see if they match the mountaineers, which is 5x4.5. or, try and put them on.

Hey dude thanks for my tires bolt pattern I have been searching for that for a while �� I found out that a 2004-2007 cts bolt pattern is 5 lug 4.53 inch high positive offset.

Oh and I BELIEVE the center bore is 7mm diameter on the 1st gens, and is the same on explorers up to 01 or sports up to 03, I'm not sure about after that, as I don;t see any earlier explorers with 3rd or 4th gen wheels running around. But like I said anything with a center bore of 7mm or larger should fit. technically with a hub centric wheel like these, you aren't supposed to have a larger center bore because the hub holds most of the weight and the lugs just hold it in place, but with 2nd gens it may be different seeing how the automatic hubs don't stick out from the wheel like 1st gens.. I've run aftermarket steel wheels with a larger center bore for months at a time with no issues.

Oh and I BELIEVE the center bore is 7mm diameter on the 1st gens, and is the same on explorers up to 01 or sports up to 03

Per: http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-...rn-Cross-Reference-Database.asp#axzz3hoCgwGID

MERCURY MOUNTAINEER 1996-01
Metric: 5 X 114.3
Standard: 5 X 4.5 15 X 7 1/2-RH 70.3mm hub bore

CADILLAC CTS 2003 >
Metric: 5 X 115
Standard: 5 X 4.52 15 X 6 12 X 1.5 70.3 H

CADILLAC CTS 2003-07
Metric: 5 X 115
Standard: 5 X 4.52 12 X 1.5 70.3

CADILLAC CTS 2008
Metric: 5 X 120
Standard: 5 X 4.72 14 X 1.5b 66.9

So to answer the initial question.........no, they wont fit. '01 mounty is 5x114.3 and the depending on the year of CTS, they are 5x115 or 5x120

Back