The 4.0 Swap was chump change compared to this - Look inside... | Page 30 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The 4.0 Swap was chump change compared to this - Look inside...

lol im guilty of not using the guard on my grinder, in fact the pointer and bird finger of my left hand is missing the back part of the glove on all my gloves. yeah its pretty stupid but its not as mobile with the guard as id like it, meaning I can't cut in as many positions as id like. maybe this afternoon ill mod the guard so that it protects but doesn't interfere. better than missing some digits.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

didn't have time

to put the guard on my grinder, I was busy doing this,

80dbf8bb.jpg

4a532fa1.jpg

30b8e1c7.jpg

6ac4bb38.jpg

f6592540.jpg

ab291465.jpg

thats 4" higher than the rocker panel on the other side, and when you take into consideration that most peeps put their sliders below the rockers ive got 6" or so on a similar lifted bII. pretty pleased with how they are coming along.

Looks great, I'm talking about all five fingers on your left hand...hope the right still has 5 lol.

Now is that slider up on top of the frames that come off perpendicular to the main frame?
Really does look good. I like the way it cleans it up and your not even close to finishing it up as far as tying in suppose.

there are 4 supports that come directly off the frame, 2 in the middle and one on either end of the tube, here are the middle ones,

ed06abe5.jpg

and here is the front one,

7ae5142c.jpg

im tired now so the back one will have to wait till tomorrow

Plate-1.png

skidplate.png

I'm working on your truck through the photo chop thing, I can almost smell the welding fumes. Especially since I'm in limbo on mine.
But I will use my own angle grinder, thank you very much. I do not want to wear an eye patch and wind up in a road side ditch.

Slider

Thats the most innovative slider for a B2 ever!! Clearance, strength & looks great too...couldn't ask for much more.

the original plan was to actually boatside it and put a plate right there, but at this point its probably not going to happen, the 2 middle supports are actually not at the same angle, so it would suck to attach them.

Rick C good to see you on here, seriously don't be a stranger. thanks for the compliment on the sliders, they are a really nice peice that is going to function well. they are giving me a lot of ground clearance over someone who has the same amnt of lift but put their sliders under the rocker, im 4" above the original rocker location. isn't it funny how one part can be your favorite and no one else will ever notice, that front support worked out so well I can't believe it, and the welds look nice too lol.

I got the back support in this morning, man that was the most complicated piece of straight tube ive ever dealt with, I screwed it up 2x, I hope I can use the wasted tube on the other side lol. here is the back one,
32849048.jpg

also need to fig out how to get these mounted in there,
69d76588.jpg

Now your talkin! Nice to see it coming together.

Rebound

No worries. Oil reserve slicks...I like! Whats the length of travel & manufacturer? For the front?

yeah they will go on the front, they are procomp mx2's, in 14" travel. I have 14" travel shocks on it currently so they should be about right. my shocks in the front are worn out hand me downs from a buddy of mine so its a good time to change them out. and the price was right too. probably going to look at revalving them too, that will be a new adventure.

had dinner at my parents house with all my brothers yesterday bk they will all be gone next week for easter, so when I got home I was tired and not really feeling working on the bdos. but it was ready to cut and there was a fresh blade in the sawzall, so I went for it. came out perfect, exactly the same height as the other side, which is saying something with my sawzall skills haha. this is the side that is not going to be that fun bk it has all the brake and fuel lines inside the framerail that need to be moved before welding can begin. guess thats the nature of the beast though.

dc0aa9e8.jpg

79883898.jpg

Looks good man.

getting closer and closer to the stormtrooper theme, when im done I imagine rolling down the trail with the imperial march blaring. except I took all of my speakers out haha.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back