I Drive By Brail
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Montrose, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Bronco '80 Toy
Well its been a great run, but after being an Explorer owner for the last 14 years, it was time to step up to a full size. I have needed for a tow rig since I built my Toyota and an Explorer just isn't quite big enough so I weighed my options and decided an F-150 or Full Size Bronco was what I wanted. It took over a year to find a clean vehicle that fit my needs for a decent price. What I settled on was a rust free (hard to find) 1995 Bronco XLT 5.8L, auto. It has a few more miles than I had hoped for, but still has a lot of life left in it. So without further ado, I present you with my new DD/tow rig/weekend exploring rig.

_10152321749500044_980662020_o-vi.jpg

It originally belonged to a Fire Chief in AZ and was outfitted with strobe lights in the rear, headlight flashers,(disabled them so I don't get in trouble with the popo), a Manik brush guard and Smittybuilt nerf bars. First thing I did (after disabling the lights) was to remove the brush guard and nerf bars. Of course that wasn't easy seeing as the person that installed the nerf bars decided to weld them on.

_10152330352625044_578510988_o-vi.jpg

This is where we are at as of today. Future plans are to add a leveling kit, new Bilsteines, some 33x10's and build a custom rear bumper/receiver hitch. I also plan to pull the rear bench and fab up a drawer/storage/sleeping platform on the driver side in the rear and add a single seat on the passenger side to carry a 3rd passenger. All this is on hold though until I find a full time job.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a decent looking Bronco, but they sure are proud of it! When/if you go look at it watch for rust in the rear wheel arches (those chrome strips hid it well) and the tail gate.

Nice looking truck, Mike. I've always liked Broncos.

Back