Where is the keyless entry module for the door code on a 2007 Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where is the keyless entry module for the door code on a 2007 Explorer?

Seever

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! how you doing all ? hope you guys are all fine and healthy ..
i'm new member here just registered probably i have to intorduce my self first!

I'm Seever from Kurdistan [ Iraqi Kurdistan/northern of iraq] 22 years old one of the big fans of FORD Cars ..

i was googling about somethings and infos that i needed for my FORD EXPLORER xlt 2007 so while the googling i found this awsome and amazing forum with loads of useful threads/topics really greatful articles from all of the members ..

since i'm new that means i don't have enough knowledge to know where to post my first quistion here !?

i need help with my FORD EXPLORER xlt 2007, i bought it from second hand not new so it come with no keyless cod [ the factory 5 digits code] but i'm so excited to take that code out from the [ computer module ] inside the car! porbably someone else asked same help but believe me guy i've tried and searched all over the forum to find it somewehre but all i got was for the other model ford exploreres! so here i wish you guys could help me out telling me where is the Computer module label that printed the facotry 5 digits for the keyless code!
any help from anyone is greatly apprecitaed ..
kind regards from Seever ...

here is the picture of my FORD EXPLORER xlt 2007 willing someone tell me where the computer module located!
dsc06755.jpg

P.S sorry for that my english isn't that well!
and dear moderators if you know that this forum isn't the right place to put this or i can't get help from here your highness can move it to its place that meant to be!
regards.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think this is your answer :
•2002 thru 2007 is in the right panel behind the middle row window. It is below the seat belt mechanism. You have to pull out the top plastic panel off, then loosen the lower panel to be able to see the face of the computer module. The code is on a sticker on the face of the module

This also may help you:
Programming a personal entry code The factory set code cannot be reprogrammed but you can create your own 5�digit personal entry code. When pressing the controls on the keypad, press the middle of the controls to ensure a good activation.
Up to three personal entry codes may be programmed to the vehicle. To create your own personal entry code:

•1. Enter the factory set code.
•2. Within five seconds press the 1 � 2 on the keypad.
•3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered within five seconds of each other.
•4. Press 1 � 2, 3 � 4 or 5 � 6 to indicate which of the three personal entry code positions you wish to use.
•5. The doors will again lock then unlock to confirm that your personal key code has been programmed to the module.
Tips:

•Do not set a code that uses five of the same number.
•Do not use five numbers in sequential order.
•The factory set code will work even if you have set your own personal code.
•If you program a code to a position that already contains a set code, the previously-set code will be erased

@ BrooklynBay
thank you for moving it from there to here ;) ..

@tv4fish
i've checked there out but it isn't there! i didn't find anything!!

do i have to remove the lower panel completely!? cause i checked there out but i didn't see anything & i haven't removed lower panel completely .. will try it soon,

anyone has or know where can i get picture of the computer module's location?

I think this is your answer :
•2002 thru 2007 is in the right panel behind the middle row window. It is below the seat belt mechanism. You have to pull out the top plastic panel off, then loosen the lower panel to be able to see the face of the computer module. The code is on a sticker on the face of the module

it's been almost 2 hours i'm looking for that module there but looks like that its somewhere else! cuase i've checked both of right and left door seatbelt mechanisms but it is not there!!!

anyone plz ?

OK --- These pix may help you locate it:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2221653
Go to the last set of pix - You HAVE to remove that lower plastic panel

i've checked this out as well, but unfortunately mine ain't located as that 2004 in the pic you posted! i've removed the lower plastic panel completely but there isn't anything like that located here!

mine is 2007 i've checked both right and left doors as well! i can't find it ..
any other suggestions!?

The service manual says that the code is on a label on the Smart Junction Box. The SJB is what the fuse panel is attached to, on the driver's side, by the emergency brake. Apparently it is on the back of the SJB - I've looked in there with an inspection mirror and I can see some numbers stamped on the back, but I just can't see them well enough to read them.

Fortunately I got a guy at a local dealer with a scan tool. . .

Ok I am gonna take stab at it here and say it is under the armrest console attached to the floorboard of the rig. That is where I found mine but keep in mind I have a Sport-trac.

The service manual says that the code is on a label on the Smart Junction Box. The SJB is what the fuse panel is attached to, on the driver's side, by the emergency brake. Apparently it is on the back of the SJB - I've looked in there with an inspection mirror and I can see some numbers stamped on the back, but I just can't see them well enough to read them.

Fortunately I got a guy at a local dealer with a scan tool. . .

Hey David yours sound different! but a picture would be a worth 1,000,000 words !? a pic of this SJB ...

On my 2006 EB, the code is on the box behind the passenger side air bag. You can see the box by looking up under the glove box, but you will not be able to see the code as it is blocked by the air bag. I had to remove the air bag to get my code, and what a job, if I it do over again, I would have paid the dealer to get the code for me. On the new body style Explorers the security box in behind the passenger air bag.

Back