• Register Today It's free!

6 disc cd changer not working

Mrblack07

Reaction score
City, State
Jenison MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 EB 4.6
I just picked up my first explorer--02 EB and now find out the cd player doen't work (bought it at an auction). This is what happens-- When I press load the cd changer says 'full'; when I press ej it says 'no disc'; when I press the cd button it eventually says 'cd error'. Also, I can't push the cd door open to peer inside. Is this normal or could there be something jammed inside the player? Should I attempt to fix it or just shop for a replacement? :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh boy...

You might want to price the repair first... It sounds like it's jammed somehow. If the repair is due to the changer, you could price the repair, chuck it and get an iPod hook up to the stereo; if it's the stereo, same thing - price a repair and see if it's worth the fix. You might be able to get a replacement for close to the same amount. These cd changers are going the way of the cd like Tower Records. You might want to check out keeping the stereo and just adding an iPod. :cool:

i bought my explorer at an auction a couple weeks ago and the cd player/changer didnt work, i changed them for aftermarket, but after, i opened them up to find the player had a penny in it and the changer i cant figure out, the cart is stuck in it....

auctions.....:splat::splat::splat:

Is this the factory in-dash 6 disk? I am getting an aftermarket deck this thursday. That means my factory is up for grabs if you are interested.

Is this the factory in-dash 6 disk? I am getting an aftermarket deck this thursday. That means my factory is up for grabs if you are interested.

you had a in dash changer?, mine was in the center console

CD Player Not Working

Hello,
I'm having the same problem. My cd player is in the console between the two front seats and reads out on the dash. It worked for the longest time and then all of a sudden it said no cd even though they were in there. How hard is this to replace?? Is it just the part in the console?? Where can I get it?? Sorry if I sound stupid but am new at this. Thanks for any help and have a good evening.

2 Things wrong

Not only does my cd player say no cd but it also says no DJ. What the heck is that all about?? :(

No DJ is the death rattle...

You can find them on eBay, sometimes in the for sale threads here.

The changer screws to the black tray in the console, just remove the bolts on the front lip (remove the coin holder to see them), and remove the armrest pad to see the others.

Hi everyone - have DVD/6 CD in-dash entertainment system. had to disconnect battery couple days ago and once reconnected, noticed the 6 circles on the display were empty. when I press CD on dash, get "NO CD" message. After pressing 'Load" I get "which slot"" but when I press one, I get "Load error" message. Can anyone help me? (Radio plays fine, but it's as if my CD player has disappeared.

Hi everyone - have DVD/6 CD in-dash entertainment system. had to disconnect battery couple days ago and once reconnected, noticed the 6 circles on the display were empty. when I press CD on dash, get "NO CD" message. After pressing 'Load" I get "which slot"" but when I press one, I get "Load error" message. Can anyone help me? (Radio plays fine, but it's as if my CD player has disappeared.

Remove the HU for a few mins, then plug it back in, I've found this to work better than just disconnecting the battery

Back