Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HEY, IM NEW HERE AND DONT HAVE ATON OF TIME TO LOOK THROUGH ALL OF THIS FORUM IN A DAY SO QUICK QUESTION.... I DONT SEE ANYTHING ABOUT USING f150 SPRINGS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.... WHY IS THIS?

Thanks

first time

Say look at my 2002 ford explorer I made some adjustment I lift it up 2 inches and put some 265/16 tires. I kind it like it I saw lots of pic on the internet and decided to do it. But most of the people look at my explore like it was a weird truck I said this because most of the guys that own SUV have on chrome custom rims, size 22 or 24 etc. where ever I go people I see are looking at my truck and the expression seems to me that the truck looks weird (is what I think). Although I'm trying not to care because the only one that suppose to like it is to my self.

Does anyone has things for sale am looking to buy a used hood scoop 25 inches wide and maybe 20 long I saw in one the photo but it doesn't tell you where to purchase, and also looking to buy a black bull bar with metal screen.

It has been years since I have posted. On my second explorer since I joined. My main question is if the people that used the coil springs have stuck with them. Have not found any recent pictures. I was considering the coil spring route because I am looking for a mild but practical lift. Was wondering about the advancetrac because my '05 is equipped with it. Thanks!

Ive just installed lifted coils in mine, fronts still to go in tomorrow but i got 60mm lift in the rear and the front should be the same. but ill update

I used DOBIs in the rear and King Springs in the front.

6ODAH7Ah.jpg

Ok everyone. I ordered lifted king springs and the fronts will not fit at all. The amount they would have to be compressed would be like driving a car with coilovers. So I want some longer/extended shock absorbers. The rear fit but front didn't. Is there a company that does this or have someone fitted shocks from another car that were longer anyway? My car is in pieces and need help

Ok everyone. I ordered lifted king springs and the fronts will not fit at all. The amount they would have to be compressed would be like driving a car with coilovers. So I want some longer/extended shock absorbers. The rear fit but front didn't. Is there a company that does this or have someone fitted shocks from another car that were longer anyway? My car is in pieces and need help

I would return the front king springs and order shorter ones with the same spring rate. That should give you the lift and you won't have to compress them so much.

They're not much longer then standard and the only listing king springs have for lifted explorer. I'm not sure if all the shock absorbers are the same for explorer but there is hardly any travel in the standard shocks as it is. Really little for a 4x4. I've had them for to long to return now so really wanna use them. I wanted to do fox/king coilovers originally as it looked out of all the 4x4s I've had the one that would accept it the most but didn't happen

They're not much longer then standard and the only listing king springs have for lifted explorer. I'm not sure if all the shock absorbers are the same for explorer but there is hardly any travel in the standard shocks as it is. Really little for a 4x4. I've had them for to long to return now so really wanna use them. I wanted to do fox/king coilovers originally as it looked out of all the 4x4s I've had the one that would accept it the most but didn't happen

All the stock type shocks are the same lengths between the spring seats as far as I know except for some valving differences. Nothing easily bolted on in the aftermarket. I use Fox 2.0 emulsion coilovers up front but I had to fabricate brackets to make them work.

I know you are compressing them a lot to get them on the factory shocks but the stock springs are compressed quite a bit too when they're on there. If you are still able to fully assemble the shocks with the king springs I'd give it a try to see how it rides. Unless you think the turns of the coils are so close that the spring will bottom out when supporting the weight of the truck.

The spring would have stuff all space between the coils if it was put in. If it had a 4cm longer shock or something like that. There would have to be something surely. Or if there is another cars shocks that would fit that is longer

Probably about 3" from uncompressed to compressed enough to fit. How did you do your mounts for your fox coilovers?

The spring would have stuff all space between the coils if it was put in. If it had a 4cm longer shock or something like that. There would have to be something surely. Or if there is another cars shocks that would fit that is longer

After hearing that really all you can do then other than changing shocks is cut some off the springs. Not really a good idea since that will increase the rate and make them ride stiffer.

I'm thinking if I can't find out what or if any shocks would work then I might go back to doing coilover in the front. I want a little more travel out of them if I can too

I'm thinking if I can't find out what or if any shocks would work then I might go back to doing coilover in the front. I want a little more travel out of them if I can too

If you go coilovers, use a 5" or 6" travel shock with a 2" body and a 2.5" coil spring. That will give you the needed clearance between the coil and spindle/upper control arm to take advantage of that extra travel. Probably a 600-700lb spring...if you want more ride height just crank up the preload.

Alright guys, I've got a 2004 Eddie Bauer. I'm looking at getting the 2" lift springs from coilspring.com but I'm also interested in a 3" body lift. Does anyone know where to find a body lift kit for my 04'? Any help would be appreciated.

I had done a fair amount of homework on the search here.... I am thinking about trying to use the King KFFR-78 in the front to lift 2" after settling and the KFRL-79 in the rear to drop a little bit to give it the prerunner look while still filling the wheel well with tire. Has anyone run something similar? I have seen a few guys with body lifts and the front spacers... but don't know if anyone has run this combo. Any Thoughts? Comments?

I should Add this is a California Ex and its just for looks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back