• Register Today It's free!

03 Explorer Xlt Suspension lift

Dreidan

Reaction score
City, State
new york
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford explorer Xlt
Alright i have read over and over that no one makes a lift kit just body lifts and there actually not even for the explorer they are using a rangers body lift...
But i came across Superlift Suspension Lift From Summit Racing Equipment. now i dont know if these sites actually know what they are posting or maybe I am Blind. So im wondering. Since the 3rd gen is full Independent suspension. and it cant be done. But then again I found this.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/slf-k494/recommendedparts/make/ford/model/explorer/year/2003

So my question is is this the real deal or should i just be weary of this and walk away from this Kit?

I want to be sure since the price tag is about 1600$
or if anyone else has tried this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is not a lift for a 3rd Gen explorer. None of these website know or care about what the actual year ranges for generations are.

Your only practical and efficient options are coil spacers and body lifts. The spacers should be coupled with extended control arms for safety. Two other peripheral options are longer coils (which settle over time, or custom coil overs (which haven't been done on a grand enough sucessful scale to be worth listing).

-Dubya

I cant believe no one make a suspension lift kit for 3rd gen explorers!!!

If you're wanting a lot of "lift", coil spacers and a body lift will give you the most.

I chose to use Rancho Quick Lift Struts, which provide about 1.5" of lift. Combined with larger tires they provided all the lift I wanted, replaced my stock/junk struts, and improved my suspension. I bought the Ranchos, new Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx tires, and new wheels for the price that lift is advertised for (and it won't work).

2002 Suspension Lift

If you're wanting a lot of "lift", coil spacers and a body lift will give you the most.

I chose to use Rancho Quick Lift Struts, which provide about 1.5" of lift. Combined with larger tires they provided all the lift I wanted, replaced my stock/junk struts, and improved my suspension. I bought the Ranchos, new Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx tires, and new wheels for the price that lift is advertised for (and it won't work).

There's so many old posts about :Torsion keys ,coil springs, coil spring spacers,Body lifts, Suspension kits that don't work,Quick Lifts that have no springs included , some are from 2005 .If someone could sticky a New 2014 rundown of pros and cons of what other members had success with and what they didn't ,for the 3rd gen x that would be a great post! :salute:

Back