• Register Today It's free!

Roof Rack, Remove or Keep?

SUL73NAZ

Reaction score
City, State
AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
Been toying around with the idea of removing my roof rack. Should I remove it or keep it? I am trying to make my expo as clean as profile. I think less is more. I have removed the antenna and shaved the tailgate. Wondering if the roof rack should go next. Thanks.

IMG_4800_zps9f658568.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I vote remove. I have removed it on both of my explorers. it just looks cleaner.

I removed mine! It cleaned up the lines a little, and it took a little bit to get used to looking at it! It does not take more than a couple of minutes to remove and to put back on if you don't like the way it looks with it removed!

Take it off! Take it off!

Come join the rackless club.

Take it off! Take it off!

Come join the rackless club.

:thumbsup:

It's very easy to remove and if you don't like it, you can easily put it back on.

Where did you get your flared fenders ? Or did you do em yourself?

Where did you get your flared fenders ? Or did you do em yourself?

I 2nd that. Where can I get some of those flared fenders? Do you have those for a safer suspension travel? If so, what lift set up do you have?

I 2nd that. Where can I get some of those flared fenders? Do you have those for a safer suspension travel? If so, what lift set up do you have?

theyre from mcneil racing.

Been toying around with the idea of removing my roof rack. Should I remove it or keep it? I am trying to make my expo as clean as profile. I think less is more. I have removed the antenna and shaved the tailgate. Wondering if the roof rack should go next. Thanks.

View attachment 297561
What frong fiberglass is that?

Back