Vacuum Port Diagram on a 98 5.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vacuum Port Diagram on a 98 5.0

Jrock909

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
Guys I have a GT40 Upper exlorer intake that I am going to be using on my 302 F-150 truck and need to know what goes where as far as vacuum connections goes? Here is the casting number on the upper RF-XL2E-9425-AB. I think my upper came off of a 96 Explorer because the vacuum ports don't look like any of these in this picture below...

Here is what my upper intake looks like below:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could anyone point in the right direction for what vacuum ports I need to use..?

They all have the same pressure signal, so you can use them as you please.

Are any of the ports dead on the upper intake..?

Guys could someone post a vacuum hose routing diagram for me so that I can complete my conversion on my 92 F-150 pickup? Are any of the vacuum ports dead from the factory or are they all useable?

Dead vacuum ports...

Are any of the vacuum ports dead on a 96 Ford Explorer 5.0 Upper intake...

What is a dead vacuum port?

Are you referring to the plastic lines, or the regular rubber hoses? Start with the vacuum tree (octopus connector).
96-01 v-8 has no such animal-vacuum is tapped at various ports from the upper intake manifold--

Jrock-
I merged all three threads of yours on this subject--
Please try not to double post--:thumbsup:

Looks like you had your answer all along anyway--from your earlier pictures--:confused:

Holy ZOMBIE THREAD!!!!!!!!

I have been trying to find out where that hose goes to and it wraps under the intake. Thanks soooooooo much.

Back