A more rationalized solar panel? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A more rationalized solar panel?

weijing3333

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Would it be possible to use a lens or a mirror to focus light onto a solar panel in order to product in more efficient?
And is something like this already one used?
It was just a thought and I haven't spent much time on it, but I figured I'd ask.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would it be possible to use a lens or a mirror to focus light onto a solar panel in order to product in more efficient?
It was just a thought and I haven't spent much time on it, but I figured I'd ask.

Yes, some solar panels are now being built with fresnel lenses built in.

(dead link)

Would it be possible to use a lens or a mirror to focus light onto a rv solar panel in order to product in more efficient?
Would it be possible to use a lens or a mirror to focus light onto a solar panel in order to produce in more efficiently? And is something like this already one used? It was just a thought and I haven't spent much time on it, but I figured I'd ask.

Fresnel Solar Concentrator Optical Acrylic Lens-4.jpg

I think you can add mirrors or lenses and the gane will be negligible but a better panel will give you better numbers
Imo
Plus the money you spend on the mirrors and lenses could be put towards the new panel

I use half acre of snow in the winter as a “reflection pond” for our solar panel arrays, it makes a huge difference

I think you can add mirrors or lenses and the gane will be negligible but a better panel will give you better numbers
Imo
Plus the money you spend on the mirrors and lenses could be put towards the new panel
imo it depends especially if the panels are fixed theres alot of gain to be had. for example, dwps project in mojave. i see this as like what they say about fun cars

you can choose 2/3 cheap, reliable, fast

in this case: cheap, simple, good generation

I subscribe to a YouTube channel that covered this topic awhile ago. They installed mylar wings onto a solar panel and got some very impressive results increasing the watt output of the panel. I recommend subscribing to the channel if you like this type of content.

Back