Rollover Black Bear Pass: Please Buckle Up! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rollover Black Bear Pass: Please Buckle Up!

I met many EF members during the two Ouray, CO CCR's that I attended (2007 & 2008), so I wanted to pass this along in hopes that no one here ever gets into this situation:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/09/01/none-injured-in-rollover-on-mountain-pass/

black-bear-pass-rollover.jpg

It was the Jeep in front of me. I was the next vehicle behind them as we were descending... We stopped at the stairs to give them room, so I didn't see it roll, but I came up on it after it had just settled.

I helped the driver and passenger scramble back up and we helped them haul out their stuff.

Really nice guy. Don't think that JKUR had 5k miles on it yet.

Went too far left, flopped right, momentum carried him over the edge. This was right after the water crossing, before the tightest switch backs. There is a rocky staircase descent that is a bit "blind" as all you see is your hood and not the trail. His left tire walked up too high and flopped him right... Then over. Rolled 3 times.

Driver and passenger were the only occupants. Their lives were saved by seat belts (their hats and glasses were ejected).

Buckle up out there boys.

..Glad all were ok..:eek:

I'm glad that no one was injured. I bet the recovery of the Jeep was an interesting event in itself:eek:

Back