Let's see, what can I powdercoat today? | Page 73 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

nissan wiper 1.jpg
nissan wiper 2.jpg
nissan wiper 3.jpg
I have been practicing with my powdercoating system. So, today I thought I'd coat the wipers on my Wife's Nissan--might as well hit the ones on the Mounty also--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought about powder coating the skid plate on my Bull Bar. It got me to thinking of doing it in a gloss black to match the grille. There is a local powder coater that said the glossy finish doesn't hold up as well and scratches easy. True?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I thought about powder coating the skid plate on my Bull Bar. It got me to thinking of doing it in a gloss black to match the grille. There is a local powder coater that said the glossy finish doesn't hold up as well and scratches easy. True?

Well, of course a glossy finish will show defects before a flat finish will.:D Gloss black has to be the most revealing finish there is.

I recommend "S&S Black Wrinkle", as it is a glossy texture and about the most durable finish you can get.

Some Shock towers and brackets for [MENTION=87244]gmanpaint[/MENTION]

A diffy cover for me :D

"Black Frost" with "Clear Vision" top coat. from http://www.prismaticpowders.com/

005_zps5a8412c3.jpg

004_zps005b2837.jpg

006_zps211899ec.jpg

003_zps179040e7.jpg

Those came out pretty wild looking!!! :D

Thanks Jon!! :thumbsup:

No problem. It's a new version of silver vein for me , I wanted to try some. Now I know what it will look like on the intended thing.

:D

Looks like hammer finish

Would you consider doing wiper arms from 02 EB, what would charge me?

Barry

Awesome work.:thumbsup: I can't seem to find a decent powdercoater, not that their finish is bad, just seems like they don't put any effort into prep. If you see a big U-Haul rolling around your neighborhood it's me looking for your driveway. I got a garage full of stuff I'd like for you to get your hands on.

Would you consider doing wiper arms from 02 EB, what would charge me?

Barry

Forgive my ignorance, but if they are all metal I can cook em. 25.00 plus round trip shipping for the pair includes blasting and recoat of flat black ( shiny will reflect into your field of view)

Awesome work.:thumbsup: I can't seem to find a decent powdercoater, not that their finish is bad, just seems like they don't put any effort into prep. If you see a big U-Haul rolling around your neighborhood it's me looking for your driveway. I got a garage full of stuff I'd like for you to get your hands on.

I can arrange a spot for the trailer-;)

Did these yesterday

Porsche Silver, Titanium metallic with Clear vision top coat.

002_zpsbe836fa1.jpg

I dig the Titanium metallic & clear! :thumbsup:

I think I might try to get more.

Here is a set of Harley header pipes with the rears modified into one large tip. A friend of mine is making quite a few of these. So far 2 sets have held up with high temp flat black powder. This is #3
I think the large exit pipe helps them run cool. I would not try this on our headers though. Although I kinda would like to try it on a set of cast manifolds just for giggles. It is supposed to handle 1200 degrees+

Anyway, Hi Temp Flat Black on the pipes and heat shields. The engine end of the pipes have been left as is to allow room for the clamp.

007_zps783becf0.jpg

Very nice, and that titanium color above is great too.

What other colors can that 1200+ high temp paint be had in? I am thinking of a cross over pipe set to get painted, not the long tail pipes.

Nice looking pipes:chug:

WoW that titanium metallic is nice!!

WoW that titanium metallic is nice!!

Ditto, I'd like that on my trans and TC, and most brackets etc. It contrasts well against black and most OEM parts.

It's been a while since I posted anything here.

This is a set of custom "springer" forks and custom seat pan for a show bike. The frame will be the same color later today. I need the builder's help to move it around.

Heavy silver with Clear vision top coat

006_zpsr63zwjxh.jpg

008_zpso0zzn9rh.jpg

009_zpsuvvtl4az.jpg

Meant to bump this thread when we had warm weather last week. Was able to clean the Explorer up and it was so nice to easily wipe the wheels clean!

Nice, had Turdle-Coat withdrawal. Always love seeing your work! Cant wait to see the frame.

Nice, had Turdle-Coat withdrawal. Always love seeing your work! Cant wait to see the frame.
Thanks!

We spent all day last wednesday putting heavy silver base, indy orange candy and clear --3 cycles through my oven. The orange looked awesome in light, but at dusk, or indirect light it looked like hillbilly bright orange. So, the whole frame was blasted clean for the do over. Base silver is baking in the oven as I type this, and the orange is out. The frame will match the above parts.

Meant to bump this thread when we had warm weather last week. Was able to clean the Explorer up and it was so nice to easily wipe the wheels clean!

It does make a huge difference.

:D

Back