Check THIS out! Walled 2nd Gen sport! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check THIS out! Walled 2nd Gen sport!

1996BLKBauer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
McHenry, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Eddie Bauer AWD V8

This thing is awesome!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can appreciate a good audio setup and can even understand people wanting to have a good amount of bass, but that is just ridiculous.

Why.

If I was 20 and didn't need the space kinda rad, I miss huge systems!

Notice how he has his head unit not in the dash, this is a SPL truck, it is purely for Sound Pressure Levels, and nothing else. It can also play music, well somewhat, lol.

I like bass, but sometimes It's just too much.

I like bass, but sometimes It's just too much.

Some people have too much money, and nothing to spend it on, lol.

Yeah that's true. I understand that it's a hobby though.

I like it in a sense that people engineer a vehicle to do that, and only that, and most of the time it also drives, which is even more impressive.

It drives, but not exactly for long. That rattling destroys things more than I'd like, and the amount of alternators on that engine.. just strains the engine, it has to idle around 2500 RPM to keep those alternators going.
It's awesome that they can engineer it, but in no way would this be even acceptable as a daily driver or a commuter vehicle. And this is coming from a sound guy..

It drives, but not exactly for long. That rattling destroys things more than I'd like, and the amount of alternators on that engine.. just strains the engine, it has to idle around 2500 RPM to keep those alternators going.
It's awesome that they can engineer it, but in no way would this be even acceptable as a daily driver or a commuter vehicle. And this is coming from a sound guy..

I completely agree, no way can a vehicle like that be a daily driver, but If I had one like that I would drive it as much as possible, lol.

They can be daily driven if built right. Mine plays well into the 60's now on music and was my daily driver till i bought a new truck now it is just for fun.

Sorry I'm a noob at posting on forums and dont now how to make it look like the OP.

Sorry I'm a noob at posting on forums and dont now how to make it look like the OP.

Nice setup man, what are you running for an alternator(s)?

I was running a stock alternator that day. I relied on my battery bank and a battery charger between rounds. Now I run only 2 300 amp big Gm case alt's but it barely does anything to keep the the voltage up during a run.

I'd post some pics but its not giving me an option to upload photos

You have to use an image hosting site, Post #2 on this thread shows you how to do it, the first way is how to post picture form the side if you are an Elite Member... I am interested in seeing the pics.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FB_IMG_1427771243025_zpsxgevq7te.jpg

Back